Search results

1. F

Shutter Life on a 5D Mark III

Would you buy a used Canon 5D Mark III with a shutter count of 190k for about $1000(canadian dollars), body only, plus battery ? The body, appears well taken care of and everything looks good. It was used professionally by one owner since new. I'm wanting to upgrade from crop to full frame and...
  2. F

Landscape shooting - Used 5DMII or Used 6D or New 7DMII

Hi, I've got a Canon 7D that I've been using for a few years now and it's a great camera, but I would like to make the move to a full frame setup. Also the the 7D is experiencing intermittent problems, with "Error 30" (shutter sticking) appearing from time to time. I do a lot of landscape...
  3. F

Tripod & Head - $500 or less

Hi, It's been a year since I upgraded from my Rebel to a Canon 7D (thanks for all the input) and now that I have some lenses (thanks again) (Canon 10-22mm, Canon 15-85mm, Canon 70-300mm) I'm looking for some tripod advice. Over the last couple of years I've had budget tripods, with my current...
  4. F

EF or EF-S for 7D/70D

I want to start upgrading my lens kit, so that one day when I can afford a 5D Mark III (a few years from now) all I will need to do is get the body. In the meantime I want to drop my EF-S kit lens for a quality replacement. Would the Canon 17-40mm f/4 L EF be a good option for replacing a 18-55...
  5. F

Upgrading from Rebel XT

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my camera gear in the next month or so and want to know your thoughts on my upgrade plan. I started years ago with a film Rebel with a 28-80 EF kit lens and a 70-300 EF (no image stabilization on either one) and upgraded to a Digital Rebel XT body in 2005. This...