1. akiskev

EOS R3 eye-focus training: do it at least 10 times/rotation

cargo culting at its finest
  2. akiskev

Canon announces $100 firmware update for stop-motion photography

This announcement made me sick :sick::sick::sick:
  3. akiskev

Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

Canon 70-200L 2.8 (First gen) with Sony A7 III + Sigma MC11. Match made in heaven. This lens never worked so well on my old 6D mkII. I'm amazed.
  4. akiskev

Canon officially announces the IVY REC clippable outdoor camera

The problem is that only canon innovates
  5. akiskev

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM, RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and other accessories will be announced soon

I'm pretty sure this will happen. I have found some great deals on used market over the years because some people always want the latest and greatest.
  6. akiskev

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM, RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and other accessories will be announced soon

Exellent news. Hopefully the RF will make EF 70-200 2.8 more affordable.
  7. akiskev

Stolen gear, now what?

After a lot of testing and bargaining.. I present you my new FF combo. A7 III with Tamron 28-75. I'm not planning to sell any of my EF lenses though. I'll make good use of them with the MC-11 converter. My only concern now is the ergonomics. Sony feels like holding a small brick, whereas canon...
  8. akiskev

Stolen gear, now what?

So.. I had a chance to test the EOS R again, but with the 1.4.0 firmware this time (I updated it myself in the shop heheee). I made sure it was on Continuous focus, smooth display performance, high speed shooting and Image review off (@CanonFanBoy thanks for the tips). Although the camera was...
  9. akiskev

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

What does youtube have to do with it? I like taking action and panning shots, and this evf stutter is a big no no for me. It is super distracting and makes frame composition very difficult. I shoot cars in high speed. I prefer black out between shots a thousand times more compared to showing a...
  10. akiskev

Yes and I'm also talking about the stutter during the shot.. super distracting. It can be seen at 7.10: This is the biggest problem that keeps me from getting an EOS R right now -> see what happens in 5.54: Can Canon do what Sony does with the new firmware? I mean black frame interpolation...
  11. akiskev

This update gives me hope! What about the freezes after taking a picture (or sometimes at acquiring focus) ? Have they gone? I'm not talking about photo review, but actual micro freezes.
  12. akiskev

Stolen gear, now what?

Today I got this used for ~130$ : This doesn't mean my fate is sealed.. I can still sell it if Canon impresses me with updated firmwares or m6 mkii... hmmmmmm
  13. akiskev

Stolen gear, now what?

I've tried the R mount 24-105.. same behavior. Today I tried the A7 III with the Sigma MC-11 adapter and Canon EF 50 1.4, Tamron 35 1.8 VC and Canon 70-200 2.8 I. OH. MY. GOD. Simply amazing experience. Impressive AF speed on AF-C, eye-tracking working like a charm. I was genuinely impressed...
  14. akiskev

Stolen gear, now what?

I found an EOS R and tested it in moving cars. I used the 1st gen 70-200 2.8 The EVF freezes during acquiring focus and after capturing the shot. I turned off the image review, but there was still a noticeable delay. Way more than the blackout on my 6d mkii.. Now I'm sure I cannot use the R for...
  15. akiskev

Stolen gear, now what?

Thanks for the input guys. 5D IV is a bit expensive and bulky for my taste, but I'll definitely consider it. I've tried the EOS R viewfinder at a shop. It was the first one that looked good enough to my eyes. I wish I could rent an R to test it in real life situations.
  16. akiskev

Stolen gear, now what?

I've been shooting photos using Canon DSLRs since the EOS 350d era. Last year I jumped from the 700d to the 6D mkII + Tamron 24 70 G2 and was very happy with it. My only complaint was the focus points that were crammed to the center of the frame plus the AFMA I had to perform to my lenses to get...
  17. akiskev

Industry News: Hasselblad announces the X1D II 50C medium format camera, and the XCD 35-75 zoom lens

Since MF is in the spotlight now, let's start a rumor about Canon medium format. It will surely be a nice clickbait
  18. akiskev

Industry News: Hasselblad announces the X1D II 50C medium format camera, and the XCD 35-75 zoom lens

omg it will get eaten alive by Fuji.. no competition at all
  19. akiskev

What about that EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS from Canon?

Lol this is a pathetic thread.. i m currently drooling over sony's new lenses..
  20. akiskev

Opinion: Canon EOS R with the Atomos Ninja V = Baby Canon C200!

C200 with fake 4k video? I'm not talking about the crop factor but for the actual detail.