Search results

1. revup67

Out Of Focus Issue using Canon 1.4 Extender III and Canon 100-400 IS II USM

Here's a final result after the AFMA calibration of a +8 on the tele side with Focal - thanks to all that contributed
  2. revup67

Hello Dyan - yes I have birded there before and found the Cattle Egret (only place in OC) and Vermilion Flycatcher recently. Since this is off topic, please feel free to drop me a note at this e mail: birds at ocbirds dott calm. Just put Dylan in the subject title so I know its you - my site...
  3. revup67

Hello all - it seems the AFMA was the in fact the issue, more below. With respect to the Target problem, FOCAL wrote and stated not to use the Zoom feature when doing a Target setup. They didn't offer an explanation as to why but stated make sure the Target is using 15%-90% of what's being...
  4. revup67

Have the Pro version of Focal Version 2, Beta 2 and attempted to do an AFMA today as most suggested here with and without converter to eliminate the front and back focusing. Unfortunately setting up a target is not easy with Focal. With target locked in place with drop cloth clamps outdoors in...
  5. revup67

These are all excellent ideas. I do add the TC to the lens first and then add both to the body - always in that order. Off hand the majority of the time the 5D M III is "off" when mounting the optics to the best of my knowledge and I rarely if ever (thinking 1 time only) connect or disconnect...
  6. revup67

Since acquiring the 100-400 IS II a few months ago and pairing it up with the Canon 1.4 Extender III, many of my shots are out of focus. Attached is a screen capture showing my focus points which are spot on yet the image shown is improperly focused. The extender was recently checked by Canon...
  7. revup67

10,000 Posts for Mt Spokane Photography

Thanks Mt. Spokane..your efforts to help all on this site are much appreciated.
  8. revup67

Adobe Releases Camera RAW 8.8

If you are considering this upgrade to view some of the new cameras or lens profiles for Lightroom 5.7 only don't waste your time. It doesn't work. None of the new profiles get loaded. It's exclusive for the applications mentioned. The DNG Converter does work and gets installed as a stand...
  9. revup67

Overcoming the lack of Exposure control in Manual Mode 5D Mark III..ideas?

The original OP has been reading all the responses :). There are some good options here and yes the Auto ISO is "on" in M mode. My apologies for omitting this aspect. A few nay sayers have potentially overlooked the fact if Canon has opted to put the EC +/- option in Manual Mode on the 1DX...
  10. revup67

Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II & EF 400 f/4 DO IS II To Begin Shipping This Week

Re: Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II & EF 400 f/4 DO IS II To Begin Shipping This Week "Really interested to see how this plus 1.4 Tc is vs the tamron " Wicki - not sure if you are referring to the new Tamron zoom to 600mm against the 100-400 with Canon TC or this 100-400 with Canon TC vs...
  11. revup67

Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II & EF 400 f/4 DO IS II To Begin Shipping This Week

Re: Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II & EF 400 f/4 DO IS II To Begin Shipping This Week I have faithfully used the 400 5.6 L (usually with a 1.4 TC III extender) for the past several years and opted to go this route over 100-400 v1 due to the IQ. However, compare the MTF charts of the new IS...
  12. revup67

Re: Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II & EF 400 f/4 DO IS II To Begin Shipping This Week Day 2 - overcast - the following image was taken with these settings at 9:45 a.m.: Settings (Tv): ISO 320, Shutter 1/200th, Aperture 8.0, Focal Distance=560, Spot Metering, EV +2/3, IS 3, infinity setting...
  13. revup67

Re: Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II & EF 400 f/4 DO IS II To Begin Shipping This Week While ordering on 11/10/14 through B and H and they were unable to deliver, I cancelled the order and went through another authorized Canon Authorized Dealer, B and C in Las Vegas. They had one left...
  14. revup67

EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II Listed as IN STOCK at Adorama

Seems odd that Adorama would claim they have this in stock before B and H since they both get shipments the same day from the same distribution point. Additionally they are what a mile or two away? It would seem Adorama is listing this as in stock as they are seeking the competitive edge.
  15. revup67

Canon GP-E2 Problem / Issues resolved

For the last week or so I had noted my GP-E2 was offering: 1)proper satellite connection (either 2 or 3 bars in 3D) 2)and also the digital compass was working real time. However when viewing the Latitude and Longitude fields I was getting 1° respectively and the UTC field was showing up as...
  16. revup67

Overcoming the lack of Exposure control in Manual Mode 5D Mark III..ideas?

Outside of shelling out 6800 USD for a 1DX, I am curious if any of you have found a good work around for the lack of Exposure control in Manual Mode on the 5D Mark III. I've been reading up on Magic Lantern but don't see (at this point) a way to override and offer control of this feature. This...
  17. revup67

First real attempt at taking some bird pictures

PS not intending to steal this thread, but here's a female Northern (red-shafted) Flicker. Note the pale colors which are accurate as the male version is far more colorful and with more contrast. One option that may also help is if your camera has a setting which is set to sRGB you may be able...
  18. revup67

First real attempt at taking some bird pictures

@Northstar - not sure I agree with the "little bit of punch" and certainly don't intend any disrespect but it appears the overall color and more notably the feathers have been altered with an unnatural purplish hue. BirdseEye for the iPhone is currently housing over 100 of my images as well as...
  19. revup67

Show your Bird Portraits

Here's a Northern-rough Winged Swallow with symmetrical reflection. One of the most difficult birds I've ever photographed from an in flight / motion standpoint. 5D III users set your camera to AI servo with CASE 5 when tracking this erratic flyer (if unfamiliar most swallow/swifts will have...
  20. revup67

Birding 11 Days with the 600mm

Keeping the flow here's a Vermilion Male and Female Flycatcher taken with the 500mm II and 1.4 III today 3.8.14 - both were seen together and most unlikely visitors for our county Male Vermilion Flycatcher (male) (13413) eBird Rarity by Revup67, on Flickr Female Vermilion Flycatcher...