Search results

1. P

Battery stuck in 5D Mark III

Not a complicated problem to explain, but very unsettling and I've yet to solve it. I went to replace the battery in my 5D Mark III… tried a couple generic batteries that were out of juice then put in a genuine one… was surprisingly difficult to push in (didn't slide smoothly, lots of friction)...
  2. P

Best landscape lenses

I asked this elsewhere, but I figured I'd ask it here, too: I'm thinking of getting into landscape photography, which was an interest of mine I never really pursued. I started with 135 (Velvia) and then went to 6x7 and eventually 4x5. And while I found 4x5 had everything I needed (amazing IQ...
  3. P

Lost plastic lug on t2i strap... Horrible Canon customer service...

Canon wants to charge me $30 for a replacement and customer service took about 30 minutes to get me there, sending me back and forth again and again between departments. All I need is a plastic lug to fix the strap, you think they'd have extras. Not only that, they no longer stock OEM straps...
  4. P

8 channel readout

What does this mean? The 5DII has four channels, 5DIII has 8, 1DX has 16. How fast does each channel cycle? It seems like the 5DIII can capture 6fps at full raster and that in each case a channel correlates with about 3fps. Does that mean the 5DIII reads out 1/5th of the sensor at 30fps...