Search results

1. Renato

10/12 bit RAW recording upgrade for few Canon DSLRs

The magicians at Magic Lantern are now experimenting with with a lighter and faster version of their famous raw video recording. It is available for testing for the following cameras: 5D3, 600D, 60D, 650D, 6D, 700D, EOSM. Also you can test the high resolution crop video recording with an...
  2. Renato

RAW Video 5D3 - Total Lunar Eclipse Spetember 27 2015

Here is a video I made using Magic Lantern firmware in cropped mode. Equipment used: Canon 5D M3 Canon 100-400 II Canon 1.4x Extender Some takes with additional kenko 2x extender. Tripod: Old equatorial mount powered with a tiny 9v battery...
  3. Renato

Introducing the Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II

I got mine form Camera Canada- Excellent service and cheaper price due to currency conversion! http://www.cameracanada.com/enet-cart/product.asp?pid=9524B002 Call them and check if it is in stock, tell them Renato sent you.
  4. Renato

100-400mm II in Stock - USA?

Finally I received an email from Camera Canada with the good news that they had one lens that was not sold since the buyer could not complete the order. First I tried to purchase it with my Master Card and the sale did not go through since they do not accept international credit cards. Second...
  5. Renato

I just called Camera Canada: as suspected they "really" do not have it in stock. It is back ordered.
  6. Renato

Thanks but they do not have them in stock. I contacted them four days ago when they showed 2 in stock but really they did not have any. They thought that next batch may arrive in 5 to 10 days. Cheers!
  7. Renato

Great, thanks I will call them tomorrow to find out if they "really" have them in stock. Every place that had the item in "stock" has been a fake. So far nobody has them is stock so it is a must to call them first. Have you used them before, and are they reliable? Do you know what kind of...
  8. Renato

Looking to buy this gem urgently. Is it in Stock anywhere?
  9. Renato

Digital Cropped Video (RAW!) on 5D3

The ML folks are making all my wishes come true! Now my 300 mm f/4 performs like a 900mm f/4 in video mode, that is like a 3X zoom without any loss of light! Here is how: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5441.msg35624#msg35624
  10. Renato

Why no crop mode on 5d mkiii 1dx

I would love to have video crop mode on my 5D3 even if I had to pay extra, although I feel like I paid too much already and that Canon should add this feature with a fw update to match Nikons capability. As mentioned above, it seems that this feature it is now reserved for their most expensive...
  11. Renato

3x Digital Video Crop for 5D3 on new Firmware - Petition

Dear 5D3 users, Canon has offered us a new Firmware update for 5D3 and we need to ask them to include Digital Video Crop mode why? As a wildlife video and photography aficionado I am always interested in having more reach to obtain finer details of the critters that are not so comfortable...
  12. Renato

7D Reborn at Magic Lantern

This is the most amazing thing that has happened to 7D besides being created. 7D is reborn! Thanks to the truly amazing work of all those involved on this development. http://www.magiclantern.fm/whats-new/104-releases/140-first-7d-alpha-released ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  13. Renato

Canon RAW Codec 1.10.0 available for download

Wow! It is super fast! Thanks BKORCEL for the link. I downloaded the free trial and it is amazing. I will probably pay the $15 to get the ease to check my RAW 5D MKIII files with that speed. I have a fast PC with windows 7 64 bit and finally I can flip through 30 meg images like popcorn!
  14. Renato

Canon EF 100-400 f/4-5.6L IS [CR2]

I have experienced the push-pull ease of zooming in many situations where the birds are very close. I especially like the push-pull because I can assist focusing manually if needed. If the lens cannot focus accurately I prefer to do a manual assist and then let the camera AF do the rest, in...
  15. Renato

Canon EF 100-400 f/4-5.6L IS [CR2]

I own the 100-400 for two years, mostly used for bird photography with 7D. I have had both dust and moisture problems and finally died a couple of months ago. Now it is back from canon repair after some $300 refurbishing. It is a very versatile lens and you can even do some great macro shots...
  16. Renato

Canon EF 300mm f/4 IS L Macro Capability Improved

This prime lens has a good macro (long distance) capability at 1.5 meters. Now it is even better if you add a Kenko 2x teleconverter model Kenko C-AF 2X Teleplus Pro 300 DGX. My test shows some excellent results with a Kenko 2X and Canon 7D. This makes for a great birding and macro combo in...
  17. Renato

5D MarkIII focuses very well at f/8

I have learned that with the EF 300 f/4 you cannot register the AF Microadjustment for the lens with a Kenko extender. I calibrated my EF 300 f/4 plus Kenko 2X Telepluspro 300 and then registered the microadjustment. Immediately my camera locked and would not focus so what I had to do is take...
  18. Renato

I tried the contact taping trick and had the same problem with the Canon TCs but with KENKO its is a different story, you do not need to tape anything! My recomendation is borrow it or rent it and test it before you buy it. For me it works GREAT! Today I used the 300 f/4 with Kenko 2X plus...
  19. Renato

I have been a 7D user for 3 years and recently was able to test it with the Kenko C-AF 2X Teleplus Pro 300 DGX and a EF 300mm f/4 . The results were amazing read some results here: http://10000birds.com/bird-photography-equipment-teleconverters-for-7d-and-5d-miii.htm I have now upgraded to...
  20. Renato

5D Mark III Auto-Focus has stopped working with 580 EX II forcing on/off

Something similar. I had to take the microadjustment off, make sure that if you saved that setting in C1 or C2 or C3, this setting is also changed and saved without microadjustment. In my specific case the camera locked because I used a canon 300 mm tele with a kenko TC that was not recognized...