Search results

1. K

Round light flash diffuser experience?

Yeah, the catchlights are very prominent in the eyes because they are so thick. "Real" ringlights are thinner and subtler. The roundFlash is great for products, too. I like to photograph things I want to sell on ebay with the ringlight. Great results. :)
  2. K

Round light flash diffuser experience?

I have the RoundFlash, I like to use it, but I let the pictures speak for itself. :)
  3. K

Bride + Softbox + OCC + Hotel Lobby

I really like the look of the 60-70cm softboxes. I have a 60cm SMDV softbox myself. It's the sweet spot of soft light and a contrasty look. Nice picture! Edit: Maybe kind of a dumb question. Am I the only one who doesn't know what OCC means?
  4. K

Flowers and other Flora

Some shots from last summer and this winter :) PS; Everything shot with the 100mm f/2 wide open.
  5. K

ANOTHER ONE OF MY DIY, CHEAP LED RING LIGHT.

Nice one! Imagine the reflexes that thing produces in the eyes of a Model! That would look awesome! Of course the model will also be blind after the shoot but, man, that would make some crazy portraits!
  6. K

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Thank you so much, Darth! Yeah, that ninja-leaf sneaked in my shot there. But we decided to keep ist since we both love the photo. I had two models that day and letting them climb the tree was the best idea ever :D. Here is another one of a girl within the same tree. :)
  7. K

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Feedback is apreciated. :)
  8. K

seeimpossible.usa.canon.com?

I'm sorry if this was already posted, I didn't read the 14 pages that came before me. But I think the box-logo has some similarities with the ImageRunner logo http://www.imagerunneradvance.com/images/imagerunner_advance_logo.png Maybe they are announcing new printers.
  9. K

Why haven't you left canon?

I first chose Canon because of the Nikon nomenclature. I (as a total DSLR-beginner at that time) just couldn't find out what DSLR to choose. My sister has a Nikon so I wanted a Nikon first. But after testing I chose the 450D over the Nikon whatever-the-hell for the ergonimocs of the whole camera. :)
  10. K

Gets the Job Done....Every Time

Great post! And it sums up my hobbyist experience as well. I always felt like the Canon system had everything I would ever want for the situation I am facing. I like doing portraits and I found the perfect lenses for me to do that with, both at a very god price point. I am using a 100 2.0 and a...
  11. K

Anything Strobist

#1 is from a club night. I shoot their parties every month or so. One 430EX with orange gel, one YN565EX with green gel. #2 is Roundflash with a gorgeous girl #3 is a photo montage inspired by FightClub ("Everything is just a copy, of a copy, of a copy..."). Again the 430EX and the 565EX...
  12. K

Show your Bird Portraits

Don't know if they count but I wanted to share them with you guys... :D Shot with the 100mm F2.0
  13. K

The 10 Oldest Canon Lenses in Production

I own the 100mm f/2 and I love it for portraits. You have a nice distance to the model for the close headshots and the bokeh is as creamy as it gets. For 300€ used you get a hell of a lot of bang for your buck. Currently it's one of two lenses I own together with the 50mm f/1.4 and i really like...
  14. K

Impressions of the weekend, feedback appreciated

All I need is 1. 8) 5D2 users can relate. :D
  15. K

There really are very few occasions where you have to use 2nd curtain sync. I could only think of night portraits with flash and long exposure. With 1st curtain sync there would be a shadow around the model because he or she can't stand perfectly still for that long.
  16. K

I actually have some shots that have this kind of shadow a moving object leaves when you drag the shutter with flashes. But for events like that where the DJ is jumping around I want to flash when the DJ "does his moves" and I only can consistently freeze those moments when I use 1st curtain...
  17. K

Thanks a lot for your kind words and the constructive criticism. Thats always a good source of motivation for me. :) After editing the photos i realized that the white flash indeed was to cold to fit the colorful style of these shots so i bumped up the color temperature a bit, that also made...
  18. K

I shot a party friday night and got some results that I wanted to share with you guys. I'm pretty happy with the shots i got this weekend. I was experimenting quite a lot and it was paying of for me. I could definetly up my game in the nightclub photography area and gain some experience with...
  19. K

Do You Take Better Pics with Primes?

For portraits: Yes. I like working with primes for portraits way better than with Zooms. I like it when my gear gets out of my way during the shoot, and primes do that for me. For my work in club-environments: No. In such an environment it's hard to switch lenses all the time so use a...
  20. K

History: The Original Canon EOS 5D Camera

Interesting to see that a single series of cameras has revolutionized the industry twice. The first 5D was the first affordable FF digital camera and the "camera that killed film" and the MkII the first FF camera that featured 1080p video recording and low-light capabilities better than the...