Search results

1. Valvebounce

Gitzo Mini Traveler Tripod Arca Clamp

Hi Jeminix. A good job, I have swapped out various proprietary mounts for Arca Swiss. I think if I was doing it and expected it to be permanent I would have just sawn the excess thread off rather than pack it up with washers. Cheers, Graham.
  2. Valvebounce

new out of the box and issues with 600 EXll RT

How was it resolved?
  3. Valvebounce

Looking for some advise on these few photos.....

Hi Wm. For a pretty definitive lesson on sensor cleaning have a look at this post. Roger and lens rentals are well respected and they have gone to great lengths to earn that respect. There are tons of great info in most every post on the blog and a little humour to make reading it more fun...
  4. Valvebounce

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Chig. Nice shots. I didn’t see an answer to your question. As far as I know there isn’t a separate thread, but there are shots from really wide to proper head shot portraits here, so I’d say go ahead, post them how you like them! Cheers, Graham.
  5. Valvebounce

Canon updates DPP and EOS Utility, adds full EOS R6 and EOS-1D X Mark III support

Same here, and it is easy and very effective. Cheers, Graham.
  6. Valvebounce

Windows 10 Photo Viewer has started mangling the exposure on CR2 files

Hi Mt Spokane. If this is in respect of the old photo and fax (I think that is the correct name) viewer this info is not strictly correct, I have a clean install of windows 10 and with a quick regedit it is possible to turn the windows 7 photo viewer back on. When I say clean, the only knowledge...
  7. Valvebounce

Setting up Celestial tracking.

Hi Steve. Thanks for that, part of me (the toolmaker part) was going I need the runout less than 2thou, part of me was thinking don‘t fix it ‘till it’s broke! Cheers, Graham.
  8. Valvebounce

Setting up Celestial tracking.

Hi Folks. A question regarding calibrating polar scopes in general and if it makes a difference a Sky Watcher Star adventurer. I have checked my polar scope as explained in the manual, line up on a fixed target some distance away, rotate the finder 180° and see if the cross remains centred. I...
  9. Valvebounce

Strange auto ISO behaviour or not? Answered thank you.

Hi Maximilian. Thanks for that, I was so convinced it was a “fault” that I never thought to RTFM! :mad::ROFLMAO: Same info for the 5DII on page 58 Of the manual! Not exactly ”auto ISO“ is it! :unsure: Oh well, the 1DsIII has no “auto ISO” so you have to use safety shift set to ISO to achieve...
  10. Valvebounce

Hi PBD. Thanks for the comment, yes I tried popping the onboard flash, powered in and off, batteries out, grip off and fit one battery in the body, scratched my head and moved on to taking photos! I believe Maximillian has hit the nail on the head! Who knew! Cheers, Graham.
  11. Valvebounce

Hi Folks. I was using my 40D today and found that in manual mode with the ISO set to auto it would go to 400 and sit there, adjusting the shutter or aperture would over or under expose the shot but the ISO would not budge. It was as if the camera had an external flash fitted as that seems to do...
  12. Valvebounce

How to shoot a panoramic up close where you cannot back up...sliding a tripod horizontally maybe somehow?

Hi Cayenne. Why not take the 3 height shots at one point, with a gear head (or a built in level (most cameras have one now don’t they?)if you don’t have a gear head) you should be able to replicate the angle close enough at each point. I don’t see much issue with exact positioning lengthwise...
  13. Valvebounce

Bridge won't read from Sandisk CFExpress Reader

Hi Unfocused. My best suggestion is to use the camera or your mobile phone to record the screen and then replicate the problem. Once the message has popped up you may have a frame or two where you can read the message. Even if it doesn’t help with solving the problem you will know what it says...
  14. Valvebounce

Jolly Ollie Advent Calendar, 2020

Hi John. So sorry for your loss, we have these friends for such a short time anyway, to lose him so early is tragic. The good thing is time leaves us with the happy memories and softens the pain. Best wishes, Graham.
  15. Valvebounce

RAW adjustments before Pano Stitching/Focus Stacking, etc.: Do you do it? Are there things to avoid doing in RAW that might blow stitching/stacking?

Hi Cayenne. I usually just do the lens correction and exposure and then send to Affinity Photo for stitching. I did a hand held long lens stitch of a cathedral the other day and as well as the usual, I straightened the horizon on all the shots, considering the 7DII has a viewfinder level I...
  16. Valvebounce

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Alan. These are such beautiful creatures, I see a trio around my workshop. One day I should stop taking them for granted and immortalise them with a camera! Cheers, Graham.
  17. Valvebounce

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Maximilian. The mafia of the bird world! Nice shots. Cheers, Graham.
  18. Valvebounce

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi ISv. No worries, I did wonder what you meant, but never mind, we call that a brain fart here! :) Cheers, Graham.
  19. Valvebounce

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Alan. Has your 5G reception improved more this time than after the first jab? :unsure::unsure: Cheers, Graham. PS, Bill knows where you are! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: