Search results

1. S

6D owners, are you upgrading?

+1 Knowing that Canon can put a sensor comparable to 5dmk4 and decided not to, in order to protect sale of mk4, it bothers me. And honestly we know that even a 5dmk4 sensor isn't a class leader in 2017. I wonder if 6dmk1 outsold 5dmk3 in number, and so they learned their lesson and decided...
  2. S

Thankfully I didn't lose money when I sold the 6d, lost some when selling 5d. I ordered a7rii but I suspect I won't keep it. I want to have it in my hands to make a judgment. Xt2 is my go to camera now and actually gives me better shooting experience than 6d and 5d. It's my main camera for the...
  3. S

Upgraded from 6d to 5dmk3 about three years ago. Sold the 5d3 a few months ago anticipating 6dmk2. My expectations were a sub$2000 full frame with an updated sensor with dual pixel, touch screen, massively improved AF over mk1, weather sealing. With all the negative news about the new sensor...
  4. S

Farewell 5D MK III and 1D Mark III

Re: Farewell 5D MK III Sold mine two months ago anticipating 6dmk2. I thought I would pre-order but now have decided to wait for price drop.
  5. S

What's Happening on the EF-M lens front?

If budget is an issue, you can look into x-t20. Functionally it's the same as x-t2 (or xpro20 but half the price. Ergonomically it's not so great. Reminds me of the original M. The only thing M5 is better than x-t20 is the larger hand grip. Otherwise x-t20 is a more powerful camera. I bought...
  6. S

What's Happening on the EF-M lens front?

It's not too late to go with Fuji. [qu ;)817199] So I guess the short of it is that NOTHING is happening on the EOS-M lens front. Thanks Canon! >:( Knew I should have gone mirrorless with Fuji.
  7. S

M5 carrying strap options

I also have peak design slide. I took a ring out of a regular key chain. You only need one ring. Attach the cord link to the ring instead of the small hole on the camera. Works for me so far. My preferred way to carry the m5 is to use peak design capture pro. Just clip it to my belt or...
  8. S

Any reviews or impressions of the EF-M 18-150mm yet?

I've been using 18-150 for almost three months. In my view it's better than 18-55. I carry m5 + 18-150 + 11-22 wherever I go. Extremely convenient. You should buy it through canonpricewatch Street Price program. You can get m5+ 18-150 kit for $1300.
  9. S

Canon EOS M5 Review from Dustin

Very neat tip. I'm going to try it. Thank you for sharing. I have never owned any canon bodies before that would require a DIY intervention like this. A little disappointed that the m5 costs so much more than m3 yet is not better built. Worse in fact.
  10. S

Canon EOS M5 Review from Dustin

I am quite annoyed by that squeaky noise in the grip. Initially I thought I got a defective body. I bought three more bodies from different stores and they all have squeaky noise to different degrees. Eventually I settled with the least noisy one. Not very happy after paying $1000. Everytime I...
  11. S

Poll: Are 5D3 owners going to buy a 6D2?

That's almost for sure. You will absolutely miss the robust feeling of the 5d. That's how I felt when I had the 80d in my hand. In comparison the 80d felt plasticky, easily scratchable. Well, we can't have it all, can we?
  12. S

No. I am assuming it works like an 80d.
  13. S

I'm almost 100% sure that I will pick up a 6dmk2 instead of a 5dmk4. I absolutely love the build quality of the 5d series but I really want a full frame that is smaller and lighter. It seems to me that 5dmk4 is superior only in terms of build quality and slightly more megapixels and may be...
  14. S

You will not have to use joystick. You can change focus point using touchscreen.
  15. S

Graduated ND filter questions

You should probably get 3 stops strength. 1 and 2 stops are barely noticeable. I have a 3 stop soft and a 3 stop medium strength. 3 stop hard seems too strong. One 3 stop soft is a very good start. Add slowly.
  16. S

EOS M5 - first impressions

Re: M5: 2-3 seconds shutter delay in dark scenes (with manual flash and focus) Thank you for your quantitative analysis. I was a big fan of the 80d when i had it. It's definitely superior to m5 in many ways. However, to me M5 is more practical. Just like you said, M5 can fit in a jacket pocket...
  17. S

This is really strange. I tried two m5s. They behave the same way. In order to use touch focus, continuous AF must be enabled. I am confused now. Can more m5 owners chime in?
  18. S

That's a step backwards from the m3.
  19. S

I am using native efm lenses. They all behave the same way. The only way to touch focus is to enable continuous focus from the menu. Can you disable this and see whether your m5 can still touch focus?
  20. S

I factory reset the camera and now it's kind of doing what I wanted it to do, which is tap and focus. I have to enable continuous focus, which I previously intentionally disabled. This is going drain battery fast so I have to disable it anyway. So I guess this is the way it was designed.