Search results

1. whothafunk

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

From actual daily use as a professional sports photographer for Olympic committee, Redbull Media House and others, unlike most of photo intellectuals from amateur kids league on the internet do, so spare me the lecture. Also, the message was referring to excessive cropping at higher ISO, which...
  2. whothafunk

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

If you're an absolute amateur, yes, otherwise, no. R5 and other high MP cameras are OK only at really good sunlight. Plus you will not get any shallow DOP with the 200mm (even at 2.8) if the subject is 30, 40, 50 and more meters away.
  3. whothafunk

Canon will announce more lenses in 2023 [CR2]

If they don't deliver 35L soon (1.2 or 1.4, dont care), I will be seriously pissed.
  4. whothafunk

Let’s talk Canon EOS R1, the flagship of flagships?

I'm guessing you're also a sports photographer (or wildlife?) but do want to know at which specific thing you had issues with the rolling shutter on the R3? The ball, assuming it is sports, must have been really fast then. I also notice, albeit rarely, some/really small warping on really fast...
  5. whothafunk

Let’s talk Canon EOS R1, the flagship of flagships?

Something I absolutely adore about the R3 is the size. It\'s goddamn perfect and I was under the impression thats the way all future \"1\" series will go by. Never used the small \"folder\" screen below the main LCD on 1DX series. CFe + SD is also a huge bonus in my book as in some situations...
  6. whothafunk

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM will start shipping on May 31, 2023

Preproduction.. as if there will be any major or even minor difference from the "production" unit.
  7. whothafunk

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

Me. And in Europe its 12.000 EUR, so 13.200 USD.
  8. whothafunk

Single L in my native language, but now you're just splitting hairs :P
  9. whothafunk

I swear to Alah I checked Canon USA website prior to writing that, and I saw Canon R8 introduction, same as on Canon Germany, Slovenia and other websites. These have nothing of RF 100-300 mentioned on first page. https://global.canon/en/ https://www.canon-europe.com/
  10. whothafunk

I'm confused as to why there isn't a single word about this lens on any official Canon websites. It has been officially announced, right? Canon USA has only 1 post on instagram.
  11. whothafunk

Just after a few pages into this thread, people, yet again, successfully turned the conversation into arguing over Canon's (poor/not poor) R/RF choices and limitations over EF and justification of their 100-400/100-500 purchase combined with TC. Nice. While the price is around 1000-1500 EUR...
  12. whothafunk

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

Many are still on the first version of EF 400L 2.8 IS USM and 300L 2.8 IS USM (as second or third owner even), as well as the 70-200 2.8 IS USM II (i dislike my RF 70-200 2.8, the zoom ring is too stiff for fast action sports and it's also the main reason why many wont transition from EF 70-200...
  13. whothafunk

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

Dude, I don't care about Lens Rentals. I care about what people with zero experience spew around here and lash onto "i read that someone said something".
  14. whothafunk

Again some BS claim. I have not heard any professional sports photographer in my area (european union) say to me his IS malfunctioned on his big white lens, or even the 70-200 2.8L, and I meet plenty on a weekly basis.
  15. whothafunk

The RF 70-200 2.8 is definitely sharper than 300 2.8 IS USM (mark I) on both my R3 and R5. Can't see why the latest and greatest RF 100-300 couldn't achieve this either and be on par or even slightly better than the mark II. I cannot wait for the 100-300 to swap it for my ageing EF 300 2.8...
  16. whothafunk

Eye-controlled AF is coming to more EOS R cameras, but you’ll have to be patient

Eye Control on a R3 is a gimmick, not really useful for professional sports photography.
  17. whothafunk

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

I have R3 and R5, have CFe cards but also SD. My Macbook has an SD slot, which in a hurry (as a sports photographer and journalist) helps a lot to not have to play around with CFe card reader and cable etc. It is just SO convenient.
  18. whothafunk

Another announcement cycle is out of the way, so what’s next from Canon for the EOS R system?

Every new R camera, even the cheapest R10 :rolleyes:. Fine now? This is a matter of firmware update and not a technical obstacle.
  19. whothafunk

Another announcement cycle is out of the way, so what’s next from Canon for the EOS R system?

R5 firmware to remove 30 minute record for f*cks sake, every other R camera has it. Its like Apple with iPhone lightning port while every other gadget of their making has USB-C (iPad, Macbook,..).