Search results

1. dcm

A look back at the significance the S90

Thanks! I knew DxO had minimal support for JPG and HEIF which aren't RAW formats. They also don't have great support for scanner images in RAW formats either. No real surprise they haven't done RAW formats for phones.
  2. dcm

A look back at the significance the S90

When my S95 died, I replaced it with an S110 as my pocket camera. Still works fine, but I don't remember when I last used it. Wonder how it compares to my iPhone 15 Pro Max (3 lenses with 13, 48, and 120mm equivalents) which is much larger but similar weight. One benefit of a camera is that...
  3. dcm

Show your Bird Portraits

Spring has arrived and the ducks have returned to my backyard pond. Shot through an open door to minimize the disturbance. Haven't been shooting much the past year. Finally got a chance to try out the R7. R7, RF800, handheld, DxO PL5. Keeping an eye on me.
  4. dcm

Summary of my RF 200-800mm testing

I find I like the background blur in the second images more than the first. It was less distracting for me.
  5. dcm

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

Canon is playing the game differently. Here is Simon Sinek's view of an infinite player like Apple, which could just as easily be Canon. They are not chasing other companies' specs. There are interesting parallels with the other companies in the camera space.
  6. dcm

Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z to be announced this week

Patent duration in Japan is 20 years. US patents are 17 years, but US will recognize international patents up to 20 years. I think they still have some time... :unsure:
  7. dcm

Your Best Church Shots

El Santuario de Chimayo, Chimayo, New Mexico, January 2019 M5, EF-M 18-150
  8. dcm

Canon Patent Application: Some Crazy DS Zooms

Hmmmmm. Taken another way, does this mean the fake/computational bokeh is actually a very good appoximation of the real/mechanical bokeh from glass, but it was just a bit ahead of its time? ;)
  9. dcm

Help with photographing a painting

Use a mirror to get the camera and artwork in the same plane. When you center the camera in the mirror reflection you are perfectly aligned. You'll need a mirror large enough to align the center of the artwork. Highly recommend a macro like the 100L for this work - it did a great job for me...
  10. dcm

The Trinity is Dead, Long Live the Trinity!

This thread seems oddly familiar...
  11. dcm

Is it finally happening? Canon RF 50mm f/1.4 USM [CR1]

Always loved my FD 50 f1.4 back in the film days. But there was a much larger gap between fixed and zoom lenses at the time. I’m not sure a RF 50 f1.4 would get much love these days or spend time in my bag.
  12. dcm

Patent Application: Canon RF-S prosumer lenses

NASA might have a different viewpoint...
  13. dcm

Canon announces the U100 remote control PTZ system for EOS R cameras.

The word Canon is conspicuously missing from every image. I do see another logo on every piece of equipment, but no idea whose it is. It also doesn’t look like something that Canon (WW, Japan) would design IMHO. Here’s some PTZ cameras that Canon produces, most with a 1” sensor. It’s a...
  14. dcm

EF-M 55-200 on M6II

There are some previous discussions of this and alternatives, such as: https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/threads/ef-m-55-200.32546/#post-663075
  15. dcm

Show your Bird Portraits

Cordilleran Flycatcher hatchling out of the nest. Guess we won’t be using the deck for a while. R7, RF100-400, DPP Express. Changed its pose and the light improved. R6, RF 100-400, DPP Express. Unfortunately, the deck ended before I reached MFD with the RF 800.
  16. dcm

Show your Bird Portraits

Cordilleran Flycatchers nested on our deck in Northern Idaho . Hatched overnight. R6, RF800, DPP Express. In the shadows so high ISO. DPP Express didn’t clean it up well. Will be interesting to see if DxO PL can do better.
  17. dcm

Show your Bird Portraits

Rufous hummingbird fledgling in Northern Idaho. Still didn’t quite have the hang of flying. An hour later it was bush hopping with a parent. EOS R7, RF 100-400, DPP Express.
  18. dcm

Show your Bird Portraits

A Spotted Towhee with a snack. R7, RF 100-400, DxO PL5.
  19. dcm

Show your Bird Portraits

Owlets on a breezy day. Two facing, one between them looking to the right. Still covered in fine down, hard to get any detail. R7, RF800.
  20. dcm

Canon will soon announce the Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 along with two new kit lenses

The EF-M 55-200 might be the poorest and least used lens in my EF-M collection. Maybe they chose to improve on it.