Search results

1. K

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 discontinued?

Maybe old news (if so, sorry,) but according to B&H, the Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 has been discontinued (a chat seemed to verify this.) Seems odd, as the 40 occupies a pretty unique space in the lineup. Are other EF lenses being phased out?
  2. K

Transferring Footage: XF Utility vs Drag & Drop?

Are there reasons I should be using the XF Utility to transfer footage to my hard drive? With my non-Canon equipment, I simply drag the files from a card reader to a folder on my project drives. This technique seems to work for the MXF files as well, so I'm wondering what, if anything, I'm...
  3. K

Trim Canon MXF Files - Is this Possible?

I've got some massive long-take MXF files (it's wildlife), and it would be helpful to trim out only the bits I need. Is there any NLE or utility app that will perform a lossless trim? I've tried the various consolidate functions in Edius 8.2, Premiere CS 5.5, and Resolve 12.5, and none will do...
  4. K

Rebel T6s/760D - "Pastry Chef" Video Posted by Canon

Canon's marketing video for the new T6s/760D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyfxNfAVSj0 Thoughts? The colors aren't what I'm used to seeing from Canon, and focus bounces around a bit. For comparison, here's the similarly food-themed promo for the 70D...
  5. K

Seeing different colors in different browsers: not an ICC thing...

Is it normal for an image's colors to appear slightly different, on the same calibrated system, across what appear to be color-managed (or at least ICC-aware) browsers? (I'm in Windows 7, 64-bit.) I've attached a cropped screen shot of how IE11 and Firefox 26 render an ICC-tagged test image...
  6. K

Canon's Q3 Financial Report: A Few Camera-Specific Quotes

I was curious to see what Canon’s third-quarter earnings release said regarding cameras, which constitute a single product line, among many. A few highlights: ------DSLRs “Within the Imaging System Business Unit, sales of the EOS 5D Mark III, 6D and 70D advanced-amateur-model...