Search results

1. L

5D4 internal battery replacement

Thanks for that clarification!
  2. L

Thanks! Oh, that would explain why I could find nothing on online searches! I'll research that side of explanation
  3. L

Searching for method to replace the internal battery on Canon 5D4.
  4. L

Sigma 500mm f4 with R5

Has anyone used that combo?
  5. L

Review of R5 for bird photogaphy

Brillint video. As an african wildlife photographer I have been patiently awaiting a capable mirrorless camera for action photgraphy. Looks like the R5 is it! Thanks mery much for your detailed, well presented review!
  6. L

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

I too am a wildlife shooter currently three 5DIV bodies with 500mm f4, 100-400 II and 70-200 2.8 II, TC's as needed. I recently had the opportunity on a game drive in Zambia to try a Sony A9 and A7III with 400 2.8 and 100-400 lens. The A9 action focus system is superior to the 5DIV and would...
  7. L

Ended: Your favourite new third party lens of 2018

Surprised that the Sigma Sport 500mm f4 was not on anyone's list. I have been following first hand reviews and the opinions are that it is on par with Canon 500mm II lens. I plan to buy one while in South Africa next month at a $1000. discount against US prices.
  8. L

600mm f4 III

Djack41, good for you! Would love to hear how you like it...
  9. L

600mm f4 III

FYI, B&H got one shipment, that sold out, they are expecting another in 2-3 weeks.
  10. L

600mm f4 III

When will this be shipping?
  11. L

5D Mark III repair cost

Hi. I think that very good/excellent condition 5d3's are selling for around $1000 or less on ebay ( I checked on sales, not listings to determine what to sell mine at). I have one I am selling (but in Panama) for $975 (Shutter count is only 21,213) Re repair costs, after a heavy amount of water...
  12. L

CF Sandisk extreme pro failure

Hi to all, Thanks for all the comments. I bought two of these cards new from B&H and don't recall seeing any coupons for software, so will contact them. And it was the first time I used the problem card... Good news is that I used an app EaseUS date recovery and was able to recover all the...
  13. L

No I only use the CF slot... Thanks for your comment!
  14. L

Mikehit...did a search and on Sandisk website says "they"do not provide any software...they only recommend two programs that one must buy a license for... Do you have backround or details on your comment? Thanks
  15. L

Spoke to soon! I found it online...thanks to all for the advice...hope it works!
  16. L

Good to know the sandisk recovery program exists. I am travling in South Africa for another 1.5 months, but will look into that program...Is it an app one downloads
  17. L

After shooting 50 frames of a Martial Eagle is south africa just now, got the shock of my life. Took the card out, put in reader, tried impiorting to LR CC classic...NO IMAGES from today showed!. I know the camera (5D4) recordered at least some because when I took a quick look on the LCD, I saw...
  18. L

Sigma 500mm f4 on 5D mark 4

I use 1.4 TC III on my 100-400 II a lot in Africa and the 2x TC III on my 70-200 2.8 II....after looking at more images of the sigma with 1.4 I will buy the TC for it!
  19. L

Thanks for your post Tiggy...you certainly hit it right with finding the 500 II at such a deal. After searching every where I knew to find a perfect used 500 II, I just gave up. I just bought the Sigma and will post some images in 3-4 weeks. I did not buy the 1.4 TC yet, but will likely do...
  20. L

Thanks for the replies! Unfocused, re AF speed, I found at least two reviews, hands on, who compared the AF speed of the Sigma as fast as the Nikon 500mm. I have to look over my research, I think there was also one form a canon shooter. I will send those links asap. to ryananthony, As to...