Search results

1. T

Post-processing for stock photo submission

I'm trying my hand at some stock photography again. My experience with Fotolia wasn't very successful and I'm hoping Adobe Stock will be better. I think I have just made my first mistake. I spent some time today post-processing 20 images and concentrating on keywords. No matter how good a photo...
  2. T

Birding With An M6

No, probably not the first body with which you would choose to go birding, but it's not impossible. I had 3-4 hours by myself on a family trip to try to capture some local birdlife. My tripod and FD 300mm f/4 with FD 1.4x extender were a waste of time and unnecessary weight. Birds don't tend to...
  3. T

Canon PowerShot G12 lost underwater ...

... for 2 years and still functioning when found. This is a great advertisement for its underwater housing! https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3393425
  4. T

Time stacking?

HDR, focus stacking, and now blending multiple images from different parts of the day into one image. Interesting idea. http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-43119445/photographer-stephen-wilkes-shows-day-to-night-in-one-image
  5. T

Hoi An, Vietnam

Just back from a short break in Hoi An. There are far too many tourists, but this doesn't distract from the fact that it is a very photogenic little town. If you are planning a trip to anywhere in Southeast Asia I would definitely recommend stopping by Hoi An. There are flights from many...
  6. T

M6 problem or is it me?

I took some shots this morning and when I reviewed them later I noticed very high shutter speeds and lots of noise. This was because the ISO had been set to 25600, but I didn't do it - at least not deliberately. I've only had the camera a couple of weeks and it is the second time this has...
  7. T

Manfrotto Pixi Evo Mini Tripod

I am quite keen to try out the time lapse movie function on the EOS M6 and needed a small, light mini tripod. I considered a GorillaPod, but picked up one of these instead and it is well made. Unfortunately, the on-line price I paid wasn't the bargain I thought it was and after it was delivered...
  8. T

Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM

This was a lens I never intended buying, but while searching around for the best price on an M6 body the cheapest price I could get was a kit that included the 15-45mm. I can't see myself using it much and will probably give it to my daughter along with my old EOS M. As a general walkaround...
  9. T

Stolen photos

No doubt a previously discussed subject, but I was just wondering what other people would do in this situation. For certain keywords in Google Images I can almost guarantee that there will be photos I have taken that have subsequently been stolen and used without my knowledge or permission. I...
  10. T

The abandoned buildings of the Eastern bloc

As a photographic genre I find 'urban exploring' to be quite interesting. Contrasts and contradictions often make for good photos, and I like photos of decaying buildings where there is evidence that the setting was once very grand. There's also a 'time capsule' sensation, which I enjoy. You...
  11. T

Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2015

Canon EOS-1D X + 200-400mm f4 lens + 1.4x extender at 784mm; 1/1000 sec at f8; ISO 640 http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/13/wildlife-photographer-of-_n_8284056.html