Search results

1. D

EOS R External Recording Bit Rate

Hi CR, I very much like the fact that Zhiyun Cranes use off-the-shelf batteries for power tools. Great idea! Unfortunately, I broke down Wednesday evening after playing golf and ordered an X-T3/Ronin S--the day before you last message. Then, Friday afternoon DJI dropped the price of the...
  2. D

Hi Crazy Runner: I have been reading about X-T3 autoexposure issues. Apparently, there is some noticeable "stepping" of exposure when going from dark to bright. The effect is somewhat mitigated if using auto iso. The EOS M autoexposure transition is purported to be smooth. I have seen no...
  3. D

Hi PCA: I agree, your video looks beautiful and the color is spot on. And, like yourself I also am heavily invested in Canon glass for my 5D Mark II. The camera I am considering will be exclusively for video. I went to a local store and had the opportunity to test both the X-T3 and EOS R...
  4. D

Hi All: After more research it appears the sharpness of the X-T3 is a function of the Fuji's X-Trans sensor and no low pass filter when compared to the EOS R. However, the improved sharpness comes at the expense of color resolution (waxy skin tone and color bleed). Not sure if any of this has...
  5. D

HI PCA: I watched this video again and had more impressions about EOS R vs. the Fujifilm X-T3 as it relates to sharpness and sharpening filters. Sharpening filters all essentially work the same way--they increase the contrast of edges to increase the apparent sharpness. By increasing this...
  6. D

Gee. After watching this video maybe I should consider th3 Fuji XT-3. Sharper. External 4k 4:2:2 DCI/UHD output, Up to 60 FPS. Crop factor of 1.5x. PDAF. And here's the big one. Only $1,399. Everyone seems to be attempting to chose between Sony, Nikon, Panasonic. Maybe Fuji is the real...
  7. D

10 Min Film shot on EOS R - Highly Impressed with this Camera for Video

Thank you for the lens information PCA. Again, nicely done video. Don
  8. D

Hi PCA: Interesting comment on adding in-camera sharpening. I have always thought it best to sharpen in post. I may have to amend my thinking on this across the board. I will give it a try. Don
  9. D

10 Min Film shot on EOS R - Highly Impressed with this Camera for Video

Hi PCA, Nicely done. May I ask what lenses you used for this production? Don Barar
  10. D

HI PCA: Thank you for your feedback. My plan was to use a Ninja V. I know that B&H often pairs the EOS R with the V, I just wanted to make sure that I was not over/under "specing" the external recorder. Incidentally, I asked this same question of Canon's technical support team on 4 day ago...
  11. D

Hi All, Does anyone have references to the HDMI out bit rate for the EOS R. While not published on Canon's website, I have seen bit rates of up to 480 Mb/s for internal recording. However, I have seen nothing for HDMI out bit rate at UHD, 10 bit, 30 FPS? Don Barar
  12. D

EOS R and the EF 11-24 f/4 for UHD Video

Hi PBD, Thank you for your input. I already own a EF 11-24 f/4 L that I use on my 5D Mark II. A terrific lens for stills. But for full frame video the edges are little soft and can be distracting in video. But on a 1.8x crop factor video sensor my thoughts might be that it be very good--but...
  13. D

EOS R and the EF 11-24 f/4 for UHD Video

Hi All, Has anyone attempted to use an EF 11-22 f/4 on their EOS R for UHD video? What are your thoughts on the performance of this lens. Don Barar
  14. D

Calibrated display, still doesn't seem to match output from printer

Hi KLJ: The three most important things that you can do in calibration of a monitor for soft proofing is make sure that you have the white point as D50 and gamma set to 1.8. This along with brightness on my monitor set to 90 cd/m^2 gives me almost perfect color and brightness match with my...
  15. D

Does anyone still love their old gear?

Still us and love my 5D Mark II. Why? Because it is the last of the 5D camera line that allows native use of interchangeable focus screens. The 5D Mark II "grided" focus screen is invaluable to me as I use it set up 16 x 9 aspect ratio photographs that are destined for use in Ken Burns effect...
  16. D

Printing with Canon Pro 100

Hi All, I recently made the purchase of Canon Pro 100 for the $34 from Adorama. I am using this printer with late 2013 15" RMBP. I have calibrated the display with ColorMunki display using the setting from this URL: http://www.damiensymonds.com.au/cal_CMD_mac.html The important items with...
  17. D

Adobe to Show Next Creative Cloud on June 18

Hopefully they will fix the issues I am having with the current Creative Cloud and my late 2013 rMBP. What problem is that you ask? Well, beginning with a Adobe's mid-March update to Creative Cloud I began to have problems with the MBP waking back up immediately after going to sleep. I would...
  18. D

updating to Maverick 10.9?

Hi All, For those that would like to know, 10.9.2 was released today. The release did resolve the issues with a slow finder. Hooray. However, it did not resolve the Bluetooth/WiFi bug. This is bug is as follows. With Bluetooth enabled and connected to a 2.4 GHz WiFi source once the...
  19. D

Hi Harry et. al. Good they have resolved the finder issue with 10.9.2. beta. I have encountered another problem with 10.9.1. It has to do with loss of WiFi on wake-up from sleeping when connected to 2.4 GHz WiFi. The work around has been to turn off the bluetooth radio prior to sleep. Do...
  20. D

Hi Jeff, Other than this issue with Finder (which is essentially solved with the posted work around) and Apple Mail (when using Gmail) I can find no other practical issues with Mavericks 10.9.1. Waiting is not really required. Cheers, Don