Search results

1. C

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

Assuming Canon isn't going to release another firmware in the next 3 weeks (as was rumored to coincide with NAB), it sounds like the R5 will remain artificially crippled with the 29min. record limit. What a let down.
  2. C

Industry News: Sony announces the Sony FX30 cinema camera with Super35/APS-C sensor

Yes, yes, all the professionals you’ll see using the fx30 in the future are all just paid actors. Just like everyone who doesn’t shoot raw currently is :LOL:
  3. C

Industry News: Sony announces the Sony FX30 cinema camera with Super35/APS-C sensor

Ya, I'm quickly losing interest in staying with Canon. Why have my R5 and R6 arbitrary 30 min. record limits not been removed by firmware yet? Why is the R5c video OS trash for battery life? I need to film hour+ weddings with 3-4 cameras in 4k, and with Canon I have to run around and...
  4. C

Canon EOS R3 and Canon EOS R5 to receive new firmware next week

Can I ask if you personally shoot video? There's a lot of middle ground between the R7 and R5c. Canon could make $2500 off me if the R6 didn't have a record limit. But as it stands they may only get $1,500 in exchange for an R7. They're leaving money on the table not competing in the ~3k...
  5. C

Myself and many others aren't buying a $4800 R5c just to get non-crippled recording lengths when we can get it for $1,500 with the R7, or from just about every camera from Sony, Fuji, & Panasonic. And while the R5c is great in many ways, it's undeniable trash when it comes to battery...
  6. C

Removing the 100% arbitrary 29:59 record limit in the R5 would be a smart move. I'm looking at an R7 purely for it's no record limit, but would consider another R5 (or R6) if they did that.
  7. C

New Cinema Lenses To Be 20-50mm and 45-135mm

Why does anyone in the world want RF cinema glass over an EF version? You're stuck with a lens with a short flange distance and basically zero adapting capabilities. If I invest in a cinema lens I'm going to want to the option to put it in front of an Alexa, Venice, RED, or an S1H....not just a...
  8. C

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

Canon could solve a lot of complaints if they added video back as an option in the photo OS side. Makes it a normal R5 with unlimited recording and no overheating. As-is we have to abandon the ability to simultaneously shoot photo & video (or deal with constant reboots), give up custom video...
  9. C

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

As someone who's owned a lot of Canon's cinema line, not a fan of the dual OS/menu implementation. The cinema OS is just much slower and less snappy than the photo OS. But the biggest let down is that it doesn't have custom video modes (C1, C2, C3), which will make it much slower to quickly...
  10. C

Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

The very first Cinema line camera (C100) had an XLR handle with an external cable. Surely Canon is smart enough to design one with internal wiring to the new smart shoe. Opens up the same utility function for the successors of the C300/C200/XC15 that rely on external wires. But if not, file as...
  11. C

Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

With active cooling and these specs running 2x LP-E6 seems a must. Let's hope the existing R5 battery grip will work Maybe we'll get lucky and get a better ND adapter announced, one with a dial that can resist being changed by a slight breeze. No-cable XLR handle (C100 style) utilizing the new...
  12. C

Canon USA teases the Canon EOS R5c announcement

Let a Sony FX3 shooter use my C100 II the other day. He had no idea what it was, and by the end of the day said, "Dude, this is perfect for video." Why Canon abandoned a winning formula (viewfinder, ND's, and built-in LCD all in one body) is beyond me. I'm sure the R5c will be great at what it...
  13. C

Confirmed: Canon EOS R5c to be announced next month [CR3]

No, unlimited recording as in the absence of a software time limit. Canon arbitrarily limits R5 recording time to 29 minutes & 59 seconds in all shooting modes.
  14. C

The R3 is a great camera but unlimited record times is a feature Sony & Panasonic offer in all their weather-sealed hybrid cameras at the $2500+ price point. Hoping Canon competes.
  15. C

As a hybrid shooter who does photo & video within seconds of each other on wedding days, I'm not that impressed. If you're going to go vented and sacrifice weather sealing, then it needs at least some cinema features beyond timecode (which will never be used in a hybrid photo/video...
  16. C

The Canon EOS R5c is coming in the first quarter of 2022 [CR2]

Sony's FX3 is $3,900, so hopefully the R5c also comes in under the $4k mark. It really should, as it seems its only improvements over the R5 are unlimited record times and the electronic hot shoe. Timecode is already pretty accessible with something like tentacle sync. And candidly there's no...
  17. C

SIGMA will address the RF mount in 2022 [CR3]

I'd love the newest Sigma 85mm f/1.4 in RF mount. It's roughly the same size as the Canon RF 85 f/2. I dig what Canon has done with their f/1.2 lenses, but they're significantly bigger than the EF versions and with the smaller mirrorless bodies they just don't balance well. First to get some...
  18. C

Patent: Optical formulas for an RF 28mm f/1.4 and RF 35mm f/1.4

At these sizes I’m out. Might as well adapt EF glass it comes out around the same length even with the EF adapter.
  19. C

Patent: Canon RF 28mm f/1.4L USM and Canon RF 35 f/1.4L USM

Does "Lens total length" not mean what I think it does? These would be wayyyy too big at 140mm and 154mm in length. The EF 35 1.4L II is 105mm. The new Sony 35mm 1.4 is 96mm.
  20. C

Canon will soon announce the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM, RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

I remember seeing a patent here for the RF 100mm that had a size bigger than the EF 100L + adapter combined. I'd lose all interest if so. I've been impressed by the compact yet optimally amazing lenses both Sony and Sigma have released recently - would love to see Canon do something similar for...