Search results

1. S

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

The EVF Viewfinder image in the EOS R is very bright, much brighter than the back screen. You can also zoom in with both, there is another cool option when you switch focus to manual it will highlight the outlines (edges) of the image thats in focus, not tried it in low light yet though. I agree...
  2. S

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

A 5D Mk V released alongside a R Mk II is a win win, especially as their development would also be in parallel perhaps with a single team.
  3. S

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

You think a 83MP sensor will be nearly 3 times larger in dimensions than a 32MP one?
  4. S

Trekking with RP - Lessons learned......

I posted on the other thread about thoughts on the power consumption and trekking. I was surprised that the R power consumption was so much worse than my 5D series SLR. We are obviously at the limitations of tech here with little improvement on the horizon. I was on a city break and wasn't too...
  5. S

EOS RP + RF 24-105 as a travel/hiking kit

The PD compatible power packs I saw were pretty hefty! I guess this is the limitation we are at in this day and age, just a bit ironic the positive of a mirror less is its reduced size and weight but then you have to consider making up for the reduction by throwing in extra power packs...
  6. S

EOS R / RF 24-105mm f/4L First impression.

My biggest gripe with the R after 10 months is that my focus point always ends up elsewhere, usually bottom corner when I go to take a shot. I had heard it was a bug but not sure. More likely when carrying in bag or over shoulder the touch and drag on back screen activates and moves the AF...
  7. S

EOS RP + RF 24-105 as a travel/hiking kit

What were your thoughts on the battery consumption when trekking? Moving from the 5D series to the R I was a bit shocked at the high battery consumption. I was on a city break at the time so 2x batteries + daily recharge got me through. I don't like the lack of responsiveness when Power saving...
  8. S

Adobe Reports Record Q2 Revenue

That reminds me, need to cancel my subscription! The number of updates has been woeful for something I am paying monthly for and basically only use it now and then.
  9. S

Is an RF 135mm f/1.4L USM in development? [CR1]

Was it ever done for the EF range? but would be nice to see a new mid-range for the RF mount, a step up of quality from the first round of non L RF lenses but not the weigh and cost of a brick of gold as the L releases so far.
  10. S

Canon to announce an RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS (Defocus Smoothing)

85mm is the one "zoom" focal length I really miss. Terrified about the likely price point though... f/1.2 L, would be nice to have a 1.4 or 1.8 option for the RF mount
  11. S

Canon EOS RP to cost $1599? [CR1]

The rumour here states clearly, higher model anticipated following in Q4?
  12. S

Come play with the Canon EOS R RAW files

Well there is the fundamental technical flaw with SLRs, that of a giant mirror box between the sensor and lens. In theory quality lenses should be easier to make and lighter for mirrorless camera which should equal cheaper but I guess this is a first round to scoop up the R&D costs, but we are...
  13. S

The 5DsR mk2

wonder the comparison with astro-photography The new Sony a7RIII camera still eats stars Read more: https://photorumors.com/2017/11/22/the-new-sony-a7riii-camera-still-eats-stars/#ixzz4zBQNRtOR
  14. S

Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC

True but what I find distasteful here is that there seems to be little awareness or attempt to thank long-term users. For example I have paid and upgraded to every release since the first version and now I am being forced to pay the full amount every month, the same as a new user. Sure change...
  15. S

Updated Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS Specifcations

Is that what you call it?
  16. S

Canon Europe Offer - 5D MKIV with free battery grip

You would think they would get the specs right though! Obviously can't forget that ex ;)
  17. S

Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS Coming in 2017 [CR2]

I like the image perspective of my 135mm, use it for urban landscape, but I find something about the image rendering slightly disconcerting a bit like an overt noise reduction plus sharpening in post production. Perhaps struggling with resolution of modern sensors?
  18. S

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG Art Series Lens Samples

Re the focusing issues of previous models, is this where the 5D MkIV dual pixel thing could help?
  19. S

Seawater Damage

I got a good repair price of £700 to replace all the electronics of my MKIII when it got dunked, had a similar instance of those error messages appearing for a time before it gave up the ghost. So repair might be an economical route.