Search results

1. T

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

Some one will take the bait. It is their nature.
  2. T

I had no need to read your other posts, you had responded to my post that I made to someone else. Why do you feel you need to add to the statements I made? I only need to use the statements you actually make to prove the point. In response to the original post from @birdman916 with the skill...
  3. T

As I said: While skill matters, so does equipment. Equipment isn't going to improve skill level, but it can improve the quality of photograph taken. Does that not impact what you call "level of photography"? Or do you deny that better equipment can impact a photograph?
  4. T

You are correct, and you see the evidence in photos of others. Also the lower f stop also gives you an edge in lower light. Any scientist here that tells you otherwise that pontificate otherwise are telling you "shit like that". You do not need a new $10K plus zoom prime to see such benefit...
  5. T

Canon Announces PowerShot V10. Woohoo.

That sounds reasonable. We are talking about the 500mm F/4 I which was designed for a camera capable of 10fps. I do know that with the 500mm F/4 I had no problem with the 1D IV getting 10fps. His pro buddy mentioned the X and then compares it to the R5 of 6 to 7 fps. I would speculate that the...
  6. T

If you are going to the "Dark Side", the R3 is very good in low light. For that matter though, how can you be sure you are not on the "Dark Side" now?
  7. T

That makes no sense.
  8. T

Will the EF 500mm f/4L IS USM II replacement for the RF mount be a zoom?

I have a feeling the swap would not be an even trade. You might have to kick in another $10k to get there.
  9. T

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM next from Canon

Enter this search on google wide aperture vs narrow aperture and go to images. You will have more examples than you ever wanted. If you are using the wide aperture lenses only to reduce noise that is a very insignificant reason. Separation, low light and the need for shutter speed are all far...
  10. T

Weather Sealing on Canon Eos R5

Warranties are written for legal claims, where customer service is geared toward customer relation. It costs nothing to request.
  11. T

That would be your opinion, mine is if used properly it should be a warranty claim if under warranty. Per Canon: This is on the product description at Canon USA "the EOS R3 camera proves to be a reliable partner in virtually any climate." If used properly in the rain, with the appropriate lens...
  12. T

Is every one sure that R5 isn't waterproof? I know a guy that took his diving once. But he only took it once.
  13. T

Canon will release a trio of RF mount wide angle L prime lenses in the first half of 2023

They probably review and edit many of them, or at the very least give the reviewer the narrative. Otherwise why give your equipment to someone who is going to berate it. The testers they want true opinions, reviewers are part of sales.
  14. T

Canon will release a trio of RF mount wide angle L prime lenses in the first half of 2023

Or maybe they just waited for the warranty claims to start coming in. I think that would be more likely than actually searching the internet for things going wrong. Warranty claims are real results, internet forums are just full of unhappy whiners.
  15. T

:unsure: Could these be CPS point based surveys:cautious: or maybe a Canon engineer seeding a survey with a "would buy" for his project.
  16. T

Does a 5Ds do anything better than an R5?

Despite what Canon has said, I drew the same conclusion when comparing the R5 vs the 5DsR "avoidingconcrete said: The 5DS/5DSR having ~10% more pixels makes a very small and subtle difference in resolution," Despite that in almost all situations the other advantages of the R5 outweigh the 5DsR...
  17. T

Canon EOS R6 Mark II already in prototype testing [CR1]

Amused by silly logic.
  18. T

The state of third-party lenses for the RF mount, Canon may be involved

Bad analogy, since the iceberg was spotted and the Titanic did attempt to make a correction but couldn't react in time. The flaw that kept the Titanic from missing the iceberg (other the stupidity of the Captain) was designed in to the ship years earlier. By your analogy Canon has set its course...
  19. T

The state of third-party lenses for the RF mount, Canon may be involved

Once again Canon's action make a very small group of people angry. They must be oblivious to the needs of the small minority, or they just choose not to care.
  20. T

Firmware: Canon EOS R3 v1.2.1 has been released

First Canon Digital was a D50. The first thing I shot with it was a swim meet. Any body I have had in the last ten years single shot mode it locks focus at the point you click. AI Servo tracks. I have been shooting with the fast moving running people, cats, horses but no pigs yet. In electronic...