Search results

1. P

Walkie Talkie Building and a shaft of sun light

......and then the sun came out! by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr It was dark, it was hissing with rain. The rain stopped and the sun said "right....watch this"
  2. P

Mr Anonymous

This man smoked and his mush was interesting too. Double bonus....an interesting smoker as camera fodder. I asked if I could portrait him as he sat smoking and drinking beer in a local coffee bar. He said OK. He noticed my tremor and raised a brow. "Parkinson's....I am on medication" He...
  3. P

Coffee at Dawn

Coffee at dawn, my first Java injection of the day. Dawn Coffee by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr
  4. P

Shooting Water Droplets

I have developed a thing about shooting water droplets. I use a 5d mk3 with either a 100mm L macro lens or my 100-400 L Mk2 with 430EX mk2 flash. My camera settings are manual, 200th/s shutter and f/8 to f/22 aperture depending on ambient light etc. The flash is on manual set at 1/65000. I...
  5. P

Dinan Viaduct by Night

This viaduct is always beautifully lit. Located in Dinan in Bretagne. Railings have been fitted to try to stem the number of suicides by local youths (averages 1 per month, sadly) Dinan Viaduct by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr This is its Sister shot. 5 exposures with the delightful...
  6. P

"Duc de Kardo"

This lovely beast belongs to a lady who runs Gites in Bretagne, France. He is 23 yrs old and goes by the name Duc de Kardo. Canon 5d mk3/100-400L Mk2 Duc de Kardo by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr Duc de Kardo by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr
  7. P

Rome - Street Candids

Currently in Rome for a week with Mrs Petach and some friends. We have a lovely apartment, close to shops and bars/restaurants about 1k from the Cathedral of Rome (St John/StGiovanni) Couldn’t decide which camera to take….but BA’s generous 21 kilo hand baggage allowance decided for me. They...
  8. P

Wood Norton Hotel

Dunno where this fits so I chose Landscape. The Wood Norton Hotel in the Cotswolds. Took these early morning. The owner was so pleased he purchased a number of them for a mutually satisfactory figure which included a further night +B&B +dinner+wine The rays of light come from BBC security...
  9. P

Street Candids - Bangla Youth

A regular event.......I am spotted sporting a camera. "Take our picture". You will regret it I say, once I start I don't stop. Eventually, they beg to be allowed to go home....and I have what I want. There was a bottle of cheap brandy feeding their bravado, and they spoke in that peculiar...
  10. P

Tall Ships Festival, Greenwich 2014

The Tall Ships came to Greenwich this weekend. Shot on my 6d with 85mm f/1.2.....hand held! Tall Ships Festival - Greenwich 2014 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr Tall Ships Festival - Greenwich 2014 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr Tall Ships Festival - Greenwich 2014 by...
  11. P

85mm f/1.2 does street on a 6d.

85mm f1/2 does street on a 6d. Not my usual combo (Ricoh gar with Zeiss 21mm biogon) but here goes have had this cracking lens for a few months now. It spends a lot of time on my 6d full frame. Just a few of my own fave shots with this lens. The f/1.2 can be a noose around the...
  12. P

Didjeridoo Player

ook this in Katoomba in the Blue Mountain region in Australia back in 2010 with a 50d. Probably should have kept more of the instrument in the shot for context.....but I was more interested in the face and texture of his hair etc Didgeridoo Player by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr
  13. P

Willis Coroon Building

Took this a while ago with a 5d mk3 Willis Coroon Building London by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr
  14. P

City of London Views/ Or from City of London

Some silly o'clock shots with 6d 17/40L combo in the city of London around the River Thames aea. Tower Hill This Morning by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr London...... On Reflection by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr Tower Bridge 190814 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr...
  15. P

Tower of London Poppies

6d 17/40L combo Tower of London by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr
  16. P

Night Works

Road repair gang at work during the night in east London. 6d / 17-40 combo The Road Gang Highway, London E1_-36.jpg by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr The Road Gang Highway, London E1_-30.jpg by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr The Road Gang Highway, London E1_-29.jpg by petach123...
  17. P

The Greek Orthodox Christening

6d/85mm f1.2 combo. My grand daughter Ava "dunked" at St John The Baptist Church, London N.8 + others from ceremony The Christening (2) by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr The Christening (3) by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr The Christening (1) by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on...
  18. P

London, day and dusk

City of London with 6d / 17-40L combo Looking from Southbank by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr Looking from Southbank by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr Docklands Docklands 070714 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr
  19. P

....and the sun shone through it.

....and the sun shone through it by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr
  20. P

Runniing Man

At his age? ought to take it easy! 6D + 17-40L Combo London Candid 060514 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr