Search results

1. W

Christmas come early

Thanks Rick
  2. W

Christmas come early

My first Christmas Spider. This little fellow dropped on my sister's head and she kindly collected it for me. It is about 5mm front to back and this is a 18 photo stack in PS Rick Christmas Spider by Rick Allen, on Flickr
  3. W

On Reflection, A Peacock Spider

The mirror I used was one out of a rear projection TV, you need to get one that has the mirrored surface on the front side (normal mirrors are silvered on the back) otherwise you will get shadow images. If you hadn't already worked out the black background is because the flash isn't powerful...
  4. W

They are running wild in my backyard, I have lived there 12 yrs and this is the first year I have noticed them. Rick
  5. W

Here is a Maratus Pavonis, a peacock spider from my backyard who seems to love his own reflection so much that he isn't bothered by my finger Rick I look good and you can't disturb me by Rick Allen, on Flickr Who's a pretty boy by Rick Allen, on Flickr I still look good by Rick...
  6. W

Preorder All The New Canon Releases

Re: New Canon Gear Preorders Are Live You guys think the prices are high In Australia they are $5699au or converted $4300us I won't be upgrading for a while :'( Warrick
  7. W

Very large choppers

I have when I was a kid (He climbed my leg and got me on my inner thigh), the choppers aren't the painful end the sting is in the back-end. The large jaws are there to hold its prey so it can sting them. You have to be very careful as they have very good eyesight. You can wave your hand and...
  8. W

Very large choppers

I found him in our loungeroom, he is an Australian Bull Ant Warrick Bulldog Ant by Rick_Allen, on Flickr Bulldog Ant Choppers by Rick_Allen, on Flickr Bulldog Ant 2 by Rick_Allen, on Flickr
  9. W

Silhouettes

Here are a couple from my Africa trip in August Warrick Elephant Sunset by Rick_Allen, on Flickr Another Silhouette by Rick_Allen, on Flickr Rovos Rail by Rick_Allen, on Flickr