Search results

1. P

Tips on shooting hockey?

I would say the arena lighting has the biggest impact on your photos, second being aperture of your lens. I used the Tamron 70-200 VC on the 7D, 6D and 7D Mark 2. To each their own advantages, but the 7d Mark2's Flicker setting is a game changer for crappy arena lighting. I could not comment on...
  2. P

Some Animals!

Sometimes nature has to spell it out. I cringe at this photo because I was once obsessed with the 2.8 aperture=sharpest photos. Knowing better now I wish I could snap it again.
  3. P

Black and White Landscapes!

Took this photo with a 7D, Sigma 17-50 OS at Fort LaCloche, Sagamok First Nation, really nice spot for scenery and wildlife. First time I imagined how much better it will look as a black and white. Really inspirational work here, keep doing what you are all doing!
  4. P

Stars above.

I am hoping for some CC regarding this image, specifics wise, I shot it with a 6d, Sigma 35MM art, 1000 iso at 10sec, composition of about 60 photos. Used Lightroom, just determining if I went overboard or any advice in how to compose images where star trails and auroras mingle. When I was...
  5. P

EOS 7D Mark II Shipping October 30, 2014

Mine got dropped by the guy unloading the truck. In spite of Canon's claims the camera was sired by a battle tank, the store is shipping it back and I can expect a replacement early next week.
  6. P

Show your Bird Portraits

Making use of a Tamron 200-500mm lens, thing is a tank to carry. Equipped to a 6d and set up a spot with lots of seed, got the opportunity to photograph these guys squabbling over it.
  7. P

Stars above.

Sagamok, Ontario During a solar flare in September. Unawares at the time I thought the Aurora was light pollution from the nearby town of Massey. Composed from 86 photos over the span of 40 minutes, assembled in Lightroom and Photoshop.
  8. P

Am I the only one excited about the new 7D mk2?

I just pre-ordered my 7d Mk2 because Henry's had a sweet deal going where you pre-order and get a Canon 24-105 F4 at a $900.00 discount. Presently I already have a 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8, so I simply intented to sell the 24-105 and my 7D to make this a nice steal. In another three years time...
  9. P

Bears in the Wild

I only ask as I frequently go for walks in the woods I find their trails often enough, I have a 200-500mm tamron antique and the temptation to just sit down and wait for one has hit me. Theeeeeeen I think other then the few times where I bumped into one and it ran away and the the info from...
  10. P

Bears in the Wild

For those who went out with the intent of photographing bears, other then your photography gear what else to do you bring? Witnesses? Bear spray?
  11. P

Deal: Canon Pixma Pro-100 $34 at Adorama

Reading the fine print on the rebate, is this a no go for Canadians???
  12. P

Your best animal shots!

Couple of pics from my last walk in the woods. 1st Red backed Salamander, 2nd Blue Spotted Salamander and finally a Painted Turtle getting some sun.
  13. P

How To Water Proof?

I have brought my DSLRs on two Canoe trips and in both cases kept them safe with the earlier recommended dry cases. None the less I was constantly worried about my equipment's fate if the worst should happen. I have used an Outex case twice, once during a rain storm during a Fishing Tournament...
  14. P

Tips on shooting hockey?

The first picture is the father daughter sparring match I mentioned, for this particular tourney any fight on ice results in both teams being banned from next years fundraiser.
  15. P

Tips on shooting hockey?

Well the Sagamok Family Hockey Tournament has come to an end this year, and all fundraising goals were met, I am proud to say my photography booth contributed $250, half the days work to our LNHL teams. Once again I have to thank you all for the advice and guidance. I'd like to contribute to...
  16. P

Tips on shooting hockey?

I just want to say thanks to FTB-n, tolusina and NorthStar for all the advice. The forum community here is very helpful and the primary reason I frequent this site. I just wanted post an update, I am currently shooting at a Hockey Tourney fundraiser for the LNHL in Ontario and have swapped my 7D...
  17. P

Tips on shooting hockey?

I am trying to improve my sports photography and I am hoping that the expert opinions which abound on this sight can provide me some pointers. I am shooting with a canon 7D, Tamron 70-200 2.8vc, Settings SERVO and AF POINT EXPANSION, custom white balance. The Arena lighting is.....terrible and...
  18. P

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

One of my first attempts at bird Photography. Had a Rebel T1i and a Canon 70-300 non L series lens.
  19. P

Your best animal shots!

I am proud of my Otter shot, because it required alot of crawling through the snow to get within range of making a decent photo, this was the first Otter I encountered in my life and the bugger was awesome enough to come gallivanting out of the shallows and run at me. Taken with a Canon Rebel...