Search results

1. T

So where is the EF version of the new 50mm f/1.2?

Canon seems to be completely without strategy. On the one hand they consider the 50mm so important that it's one of the first lenses for the new system on the other hand they do not update it since decades for the EF system. My point still is that the 50mm 1.2 EF is NOT properly focussing for...
  2. T

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

do not care too much about softness. focus shift for short distances even with live view focus is killing me don't think this floating element whatever is still missing in 2018
  3. T

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

WHAAAAAT?????? 10 Years of waiting for a proper 50L either 1.2 or 1.4... AND THEN IT WON'T FIT to my 5Ds????????????? I WILL xxxx YOU Canon!!!!!
  4. T

New Canon 70-200mm Lenses Coming in Early June [CR3]

How many versions will they make of this one until they finally make a usable 50mm 1.2 ? It's difficult to focus correctly on close distances and wide open. Even the contrast AF does it wrong. All alternatives don't do it for me.
  5. T

More Samples Images from Canon EOS 5DS

Canon gave the camera first to someone who only has the 17-40? Says it all.
  6. T

50L - taming the beast!?!

Dear all, this one is for the advanced users only - and ONLY about the 50L - and only about close subjects and only about wide apertures... I am interested in your experiences with this special one, best 50L with 5DIII or 1Dx. I know that this is the trickiest Canon lens. And this was and...
  7. T

Dynamic Range example please

OK, I wasn't specific enough. As a landscaper I use ISO 100 most of the time. This is also a realistic scenario for the 5Ds which is also rather aiming at landscapes. And please no pushing please. I can do this myself with the RAW.
  8. T

Dynamic Range example please

Dear all, since many people are complaining about Canon's lacking DR capabilities (including upcoming 5Ds), can please someone upload the same picture, same scene, same framing, same settings shot with a 5D Mark III and as a comparison one of the praised Nikon's or Sony's etc. having better DR...
  9. T

Euro Pricing for EOS 5DS, 5DS R & EF 11-24 f/4L Revealed

Re: Euro Pricing for EOS 5DS, 5DS R & EF 11-24 f/4L Revealed guys - when I complained about 'only semi-pro level' I am referring to durability and building strength. Featurewise it is quite OK and of course pro-level. But if I really spend that much money I expect something like 1D durabilty...
  10. T

Euro Pricing for EOS 5DS, 5DS R & EF 11-24 f/4L Revealed

Re: Euro Pricing for EOS 5DS, 5DS R & EF 11-24 f/4L Revealed 3500,- Euro - too much for a semi pro camera for my taste. most probably build for 150k actuations only. i think i prefer 1dx in the same price region - build for 400k, 18mp still enough for landscapes....
  11. T

Which Sigma Lense?

None.
  12. T

Says it all

You like to see at least one shot of the mirror????????? Ever seen a DSLR without a mirror??? Ever taken a shot with f22 having blue sky in the frame? Says it all..... My opinion: Anybody who is serious about photography would never leave the cam open. Only if you take pictures like Ken...
  13. T

Advice - what to take to Europe

Silly question. In Europe in general - and specifically in London & Paris there are no photo motives beyond 105mm and below f4.........
  14. T

Says it all

why the hell 90 percent of all advertisements, be it prof. dealers, ebay, classifieds show cameras with without cap? says all about their competency. i don't like to open my cameras for more than 2 seconds when chang ing the lens.
  15. T

Gear for African Safari - Kruger & Kgalagadi

Hi, did many Safaris, personally I used 500mm f/4 with 7D 90% of the time. Adding a 300mm f/4 with a second 7D and a 70-200 f/2.8 with a third 7D is perfect. No need to change lenses. Alternative: 500mm + 100-400. Maybe add a 24-70 or 16-35 for landscape and a macro. Regards, Tom