Search results

1. S

The first SIGMA RF lens arrives in July, more in Q4 of 2024

That doesn't seem to be how they operate, most of the time.
  2. S

The first SIGMA RF lens arrives in July, more in Q4 of 2024

It's plausible but it may just as well be that there's a bigger gap in the APS-C RF lineup for them to exploit. Or maybe as the market for crop bodies has historically been much bigger than full frame, that's where the volume is.
  3. S

Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM Confirmed for 2024 [CR3]

I don't have an opinion either way but surely a lot of the 1200's internals were shared with the other supertele primes? They weren't designing every component from scratch for that one model, surely.
  4. S

Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

That issue is frustrating but it doesn't really answer my question.
  5. S

Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L USM video features

Surely it's the other way round - if you're stacking without a rail, by adjusting the plane of focus (eg with the built-in focus stack option in newer bodies), it can be affected by breathing. If you use a rail, the focus is fixed and the camera is physically moving.
  6. S

You can connect to a V10 while it's off!

I usually connect to my R6 to transfer images when it's switched off. The app says some functions (like changing the camera clock time) are unavailable but accessing and downloading images is fine.
  7. S

Canon EOS R5 Mark II will ship in June or July

:unsure: :unsure::unsure::unsure:
  8. S

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

Forsaking your R3 so quickly! :p
  9. S

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

But you surely know I know that. I was referring back to a post by someone claiming to be "really angry" and "sad" that the MP count will not (reportedly) increase by (their words) "a big jump" to 60MP. It's not a big jump, as I would hope you understand.
  10. S

Well obviously. But that is not really the point of what was being said earlier.
  11. S

The answer, both genuine and flippant, is whichever one I could afford (which is why I don't have a 100-500). Every little helps but I challenge anyone to show me a picture taken at 466mm that would be unusable at 400mm. Of course the question is always, how much difference is enough - and that...
  12. S

As I've said elsewhere, 45 vs 61 megapixels is like 400mm vs ~466mm. Put in those terms, even a bird photographer can surely see it's not a game changer.
  13. S

So... your username... is ironic?
  14. S

A Look into Canon’s Ergonomics

Amen!
  15. S

Here we go again, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L rumored to be announced next month

Just a thought, but given the headline name of a lens is usually a rounding of the actual aperture (T versus f), is the difference between 1.2 and 1.4 potentially even less than it seems?
  16. S

Canon’s corporate strategy for 2024 released

Not quite .
  17. S

With respect, that makes no sense. Professional just means they do it for a living, not that they necessarily have special technical or artistic knowledge or insight.
  18. S

Canon’s corporate strategy for 2024 released

Fair enough! :)