Search results

1. S

Focus stacks with Affinity

Some of you may know that Affinity Photo 1.5 included a focus stacking feature. I was looking forward to this very much, because my copy of HeliconFocus, which I'd used for a year, was coming to the end of the rental period, and because I prefer to integrate as many features into as few programs...
  2. S

200mm f/1.8L not for portraits

Hey all. This is partly a bit of fun, as I'm well aware you shouldn't let a forum make big decisions for you. However, that being said, I'd like your input... The question is, is the 200 f/1.8L a good choice for someone who *doesn't* do much portraiture? I've lusted after it for many years...
  3. S

Sigma 180mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro

I did a search and I don't think there's an existing thread for this lens, so I thought I'd start one! Mine's arriving tomorrow, but in the meantime, does anyone else here have experience with this lens, or images to share? For me it's rare example of a third party offering something that Canon...
  4. S

Lightroom 6 Panoramas

Hi all, I got Lightroom 6 the other day. I've already fallen in love with the HDR and panorama features. Before that I just used the 5D3's internal HDR occasionally, and a powerful but very involved and often frustrating panorama freeware program. Here's my first quick go - 24 shots with the...
  5. S

EOS M and birds

Hey all. I stupidly left my 5DIII battery charger in Scotland, and after the battery ran out, I fell back on the EOS-M. As it turned out, I got useful pics - although I had the camera set to s-jpeg so they're hardly worth sharing here. I found perched birds were fine - although I resorted to...
  6. S

iOptron SkyGuider

Hi guys. Has anyone used one of these? (e.g. http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-ioptron-skyguider-dslr-camera-mount/p1557710 ) It's the big brother to the Skytracker, which I have used a few times this year with good results. The one downside to the latter is its weight limit, which won't allow...
  7. S

Focal lengths

Hey, I hope this hasn't been done before, and that it's okay to ask. Ever since I got into bird photography, there's been no such thing as too much focal length. So it often surprises me how short the longest lens other people use. Of course if you're not photographing small things far away...
  8. S

EOS-M + MP-E macro setup

Hey all, Forgive me if I'm duplicating anything, but I searched and found nothing on this topic. I've taken the plunge and ordered the EOS-M as the price is now right (£300 with 18-55 lens and EF adaptor, including rebate). One of the prime uses I'm hoping to put it to is as a macro camera...