Search results

1. PCM-madison

First impressions of the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM

My preordered RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM arrived today. It did not work at all on my EOS RP until I updated the camera firmware. Once updated, it worked nicely. I find the size, weight, and balance to be a good fit for the EOS RP. Zoom action is smooth and requires similar effort throughout the...
  2. PCM-madison

EOS RP + RF 24-105 as a travel/hiking kit

I purchased as EOS RP with RF 24-105 lens and have taken about 2k photos with the combination, mostly on a trip to Iceland that include some time in Reykjavik but was mostly focused on hiking. Previous digital full frame cameras I have used extensively: 5D, 6D, 5DS R. Previous mirrorless cameras...
  3. PCM-madison

Is there a better way to switch between BR strap and tripod?

I like to carry my camera with a Black Rapid strap which uses the tripod screw mount on the bottom of the camera. I use a tripod ball head with an Arca Swiss clamp. To switch between them, I unscrew the strap and then attach an Arca Swiss camera plate. I'm hoping for advice for a better/faster...
  4. PCM-madison

To superzoom or not to superzoom: trial of Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 DI-II VC HL

I previously owned the Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD superzoom lens, and I enjoyed using it on my Canon 30D. As I acquired better lenses and upgraded to a camera with a higher density sensor, I became less satisfied with it, used it rarely, and ended up selling it. However, I missed...
  5. PCM-madison

DSLR IR conversion

Doe anyone have a recommendation for where to get a Canon DSLR converted for IR photography? Paul
  6. PCM-madison

EOS M with tilt shift adapter

I got a great deal on the EOS M, and I really enjoy it, especially for travel. I've also been interested in trying tilt-shift photography, but I'm intimidated by the prices of the current canon line up of lenses (I own both full frame and crop canon bodies). I've seen the listings for the Kipon...
  7. PCM-madison

Bought at 6D on Black Friday; AFMA or not?

I bought my first auto-focus micro adjustment capable camera this week (Canon 6D-$1400 Black Friday special). My question is, should I? 1) Go out and shoot pictures without worrying about AFMA? 2) Only consider AFMA if I am unhappy with real world images? 3) Use AFMA feature no matter what on...