Search results

1. KeithBreazeal

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

Great news! This will save $$$$$ in new hard drives! With advent of "AI" software, you can get really good results from upscaling, noise reduction and sharpening. 24mp will be better for sports anyway. I tried my 5DS at an airshow and switched back to the 5D mark IV after seeing the keeper...
  2. KeithBreazeal

Behind the scenes at Canon’s CPS facility at the Tokyo Olympics

Sweet! The cables suggest it may be capable of a full diagnostics test also. The thing that caught my eye was the sticker that says "Rubbish".
  3. KeithBreazeal

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

It's always nice to carry a backup body on trips, so this might be a candidate. I always pack at least one extra body for important shoots. Nothing sucks more than spending a lot of hard earned money & travel time only to have Murphy ruin the day.
  4. KeithBreazeal

Canon has released a list of RF lenses that they can’t meet the demand for

Well crap! I might as well order the 100-500 now. At least I can build up my savings account since getting the R5 and a few other RF L lenses. LOL
  5. KeithBreazeal

I may have been wrong about the EOS R3 official announcement date

Not a big deal. I would rather get a R3 after it's been rigorously tested in the field than be one of thousands of Beta testers. On the plus side, it gives my savings account time to replenish after getting the R5 and a few RF L lenses, grip, and extra batteries.
  6. KeithBreazeal

Patent: The return of eye-controlled focus, but for mirrorless cameras

I wonder how well it would work for eyeglass wearers.
  7. KeithBreazeal

Canon Celebrates Significant Milestone with Production of 150 Million Interchangeable RF And EF Lenses

I wish Canon would stop using my photo of my lens collection. :p
  8. KeithBreazeal

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

I bought a M5 when it came out and got hooked on mirrorless. The M5 is my "pack at all times" camera for day to day use and stays in my truck. I really don't like the idea of packing the 5D IV or 5DS and L lenses everywhere I go on a daily basis, plus it saves on wear on tear. I've made a...
  9. KeithBreazeal

Great Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn

Jupiter and Saturn shot with the R5, 100-400L V III and 2X extender.
  10. KeithBreazeal

Industry News: Nikon to end camera production in Japan

Whoa! Didn't see that coming. I know Nikon is struggling, but it's like a national pride kind of thing.
  11. KeithBreazeal

Patent: Canon shows off a new approach to the modern shutter button

If it's programmable, I could see the value. The next step would be to lockout the shutter release until you got the horizon straight.
  12. KeithBreazeal

The Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM has been delayed until early March 2021

If Canon released the limited stock of RF 70-200 f4 lenses that they have produced, can you image people snatching them up only to resell them at a higher price? Buyers would be really pissed at Canon for that market decision. I got lucky with purchase timing of the R5/RF 70-200 f2.8, I waited...
  13. KeithBreazeal

The Canon EOS ‘R5s’ may be in the hands of testers [CR2]

I tried that. It isn't supporting Windows 7.
  14. KeithBreazeal

The Canon EOS ‘R5s’ may be in the hands of testers [CR2]

I can't get any of my programs to open the R5 raw files. My Lightroom 6 is up to date but lacking the raw support. Running Windows 7. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
  15. KeithBreazeal

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R1 development [CR2]

Needs an artificial shutter sound for those 50 fps bursts. Just stand next to a Sony or Nikon users and watch them drop to their knees. You'll have to spend more for cards than the camera.
  16. KeithBreazeal

Canon USA updates expected availability of the next allotment of Canon EOS R5 cameras

That's good to hear! Maybe I'll add the R6 as a second body and sell the 5D IV.
  17. KeithBreazeal

Canon USA updates expected availability of the next allotment of Canon EOS R5 cameras

I'm looking forward to trying it out at airshows! I'll carry the 5D IV body just in case things go sideways though. LOL I'll probably stick to my EF 100-400L V II and 300L f2.8 for a while since it has proven to be really good. I have several EF lenses, so selling all of them and going with...
  18. KeithBreazeal

It's close to my 5D IV but maybe a better feel for my large hands. Contours are different but very natural.
  19. KeithBreazeal

Finally got the the R5 from the second round of releases. I'm waiting for the EF converter and spare batteries. An off the wall observation- I would like to know how Canon gets those rubber coatings to fit perfectly on all those curves of the camera body and grip. Impressive!