Search results

1. J

Nikon officially announces the Z 180-600mm F/5.6-6.3 VR and Z 70-180mm f/2.8

The cool thing about this lens is not just the pricing, it's the internal zoom.
  2. J

The Canon EOS R3 pricing to undercut the competition [CR3]

$6K in the US means 6K GBP in the UK plus at least the trio of the 2.8L lenses. I am pretty sure I can buy a brand new Toyota hatchback with that money.
  3. J

This is probably the best camera review I’ve ever watched – Gerald Undone with the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

I have always been wondering, for a mirrorless camera, if you keep the camera on for continuous shooting, the sensor is supposedly to be on all the time as in video capturing, does that mean it will also over heat as well? Or is it just because the continue video processing generate a lot more...
  4. J

Here are more Canon EOS R6 Specifications [CR2]

Yes, if AF performance is on par with R5, that is actually pretty good, because traditionally in the DSLR lines, Canon used to cripple the AF performance for the lower models. I wonder if the AF is quick enough to capture fast jets or flying bird actions.
  5. J

Patent: Inner zoom RF 70-200mm f/2.8 and RF 70-200mm f/4

I will pick the internal zoom all day long!
  6. J

Patent: Eye-controlled autofocus for mirrorless cameras

I can see two groups of people here, pre-digital and post digital users. I can understand why people are sceptical about ECF if they have never used it before. It is an extremely useful feature which can help out a lot in getting the correct focus, especially when we are now spoilt with so many...
  7. J

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Well, there is always an argument for that. Before Canon's EOS/EF long line of "AF" SLR, journalism = Nikon, that was when Auto Focus took over the world of 'workhorse' film cameras. There is every chance that Canon may lose the crown to someone else if they are not bring out something...
  8. J

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

I think it is only the lens collection that keep us here. I think Canon knows this well. I must say the new A7 really got me interested.
  9. J

New Canon RF lenses priced at Adorama!

Well, instead they make it as heavy as the 70-200 2.8L, so I guess pound for pound, it's justified!
  10. J

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS in Development? [CR1]

That is true, but I guess I would not mind having a large aperture lens which can also be stopped down and do video as well. I think it is not just 'either/or' but more like a multi-purpose.
  11. J

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS in Development? [CR1]

Oh! My silver 24-85 3.5-4.5 is still alive! That is a decent lens with one of the first few non L-lens to have a moulded non-spherical element. I still do not understand why Canon did no introduce IS into the 24-70 2.8 lens from the beginning as they are so much in to videos. IS actually helps...
  12. J

Photographer Petitions Canon for Left Handed Camera

Two scenarios for Sylvia, 1. if she finds enough left handed pros to place a large enough order, Canon will make it. 2. alternative solution is to find an aftermarket accessories maker to design for a dedicated left handed grip. Otherwise, it is going to be a waste of breath.
  13. J

7D Mark II - Timing and when to buy

I would probably wait until early next year. The price will very likely to come down a bit. If there is any defects, like the light leakage in the 5Dmk3, people will know very soon when they get their first batch of cameras. They do indeed rectify manufacturing faults in later batches.
  14. J

Official: Canon EOS 7D Mark II

Just a quick question. Nobody has mentioned anything about micro adjustment on the MkII, any idea?
  15. J

7DII vs Samsung NX1

Until I see pro photo journalists using the big white "SAMSUNG" lenses in sports/car racing events, I would not be tempted to buy the NX1. I think this Samsung NX1 will probably draw in only a few first time buyers or home video lovers. The 4K video is probably the only feature that appeals to...