2. Somlu

Please give me an advice for an prime lens 300/400mm

Canon 7D MK ll with 400 DO IS ll Rudy Shelduck
  3. Somlu

Canon 7D MK ll with 400 DO IS ll Little ringed plover
  4. Somlu

The 300 2.8 mk ii is a lens which I had and if u talk about the image quality its just SUPERB . It is very difficult to exceed this lens regarding its terrific image stabiliser, solid built and and awesome image quality . But as a wild life and specially bird photography enthusiast I was always...
  5. Somlu

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Whiskered Tern
  6. Somlu

Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM

This lens is such a beauty , every time I hold this and shoot with it , I get unlimited pleasure . There is nothing better than this till date , I believe !!
  7. Somlu

In-Depth Review: Tamron 150-600 f/5-6.3 VC

I normally use the 1dx with the 500 mk ii prime. Now this tamron is bought to serve the purpose of birding in the local park with my 5d mk iii for a lesser wt to carry . :D
  8. Somlu

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

5d mkiii with 500 f4 mkii Brahminy Kite
  9. Somlu

In-Depth Review: Tamron 150-600 f/5-6.3 VC

I have got the lens 2 days back and am initially happy. Basically I don't expect an IQ equivalent to my 500 f4 . It is a very good lens for the budget. I opted for this because I am struggling with my old 100-400 over reach. Iq wise the new Tammy is almost as good as the 100-400 and the extra...
  10. Somlu

Tamron 150-600 Shootout via LensRentals.com

I have got my lens on 3rd Feb , just took a few shots . Though the AF speed is a little slow for the distance over 50ft , otherwise a fine lens . Obviously not as good as my 500 prime , but still quite good . Here is sample of a flying pigeon , not bad . A little sharpening and a very little exp...
  11. Somlu

Anyone from India?

I am from india , Kolkata