Search results

1. TeT

Need an ID on this Raptor

There is a pair of them nesting 1/2 a block away for the past few years. This one was having a long lunch on my telephone pole today allowing me time to get a decent photo. Someone please post and ID for this guy...
  2. TeT

Sigma 8-16

Have a how to question for you guys. Just started using the Sigma 8-16 (replacing my EFS 10-22) for the wider end in real estate pictures... The colors on the sigma, most notably blue sky, seems to have more gray in it when compared to eyeball and the 10-22. Shooting Raw processing in...
  3. TeT

Battery Life Query

I just purchased a EF 100 f/2 for indoor water polo. I seem to be getting more shots using my 6D with that lens per battery charge than with my 24 70 4 L IS or my Tamron 45 1.8 VC (these being the 2 lenses that most often stay on my camera for a full battery cycle) I have not click counted...
  4. TeT

New M3 firmware update

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-m-series-digital-cameras/eos-m3-ef-m-18-55mm-is-stm-kit?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25 • Improves the autofocus speed for movie when the EF-M 28mm F3.5 IS STM is attached to the EOS M3.
  5. TeT

M3 & RAW viewing in Windows

I cannot view RAW files from my M3 in Windows Photo Viewer or as Thumbnails in folders. I have the latest Windows Codec loaded which has allowed said viewing on all my other cameras RAW files... Anybody have a fix.. Any other Canon cameras that don't have windows support yet?
  6. TeT

New (Old) Toy

Picked up a Tamron 19-35mm 3.5-4.5 at a pawn shop. I had never even heard of this lens before. Does anyone know when Tamron came out with this lens? I was unable to nail it down... Anyways.. it is not an SP but still a surprisingly good lens. Nice and small, quick AF in less than perfect...
  7. TeT

M3 v 6D AF speed and shutter lag...

I am seeing numbers of .13 for the EOS M3 v .29 for EOS 6D on shutter lag. Testers (imaging-resource) used a Sigma lens on the 6D test though :o. Can someone who has used both of these bodies comment on AF speed and lag comparison. Is it close? Thanks,
  8. TeT

its all about the 5DS, who is using the 5DR

Almost all relative posts mention the 5DS ... only. Everybody says it is great... Everybody compares it to the Sony or the 5DIII or the upcoming this that and the other... The 5DS... Who is using the 5DR?
  9. TeT

Positive ShiboTadashi

What is this? It seems to be a staple in Canon lens patents... Is it just a translation glitch? Google search just brings up patents. I have seen it jokingly explained on this site... Have not found a genuine explanation...
  10. TeT

Kenko TC's

Which is the latest version of the Kenko Pro 300 DGX TC? I read lots of talk about Blue Green Yellow dots etc.. but nobody puts them in release order anywhere that I can find (including Kenko)...
  11. TeT

who is using the EF 24-70 f4 L IS

When this lens was last discussed some of you were considering making use of this lens for professional purposes. How is that going? Who is using it and what did it replace for that purpose. I just got my first copy of this lens and I think I really like it... (general purpose + product pics)...
  12. TeT

EF 70 300 L infinity focus issue

My EF 70 300 L lens will not acquire focus with focus point between 20m & Infinity with the lens zoomed out to beyond 100mm. This is not hard and fast. Sometimes if the point is farther the lens will acquire out to 200mm wide. But never at 300mm When using it it feels exactly like a focus...
  13. TeT

AFMA Query

I have a choice; focus is dead on between +1 & +2, which way should I go... Dont confuse me with back and front etc... you know what +1 is & what +2 is, so keep it simple for me... Not a lot of sports or wildlife, mostly pics of ppl or architecture or flowers or my cat. Long end of 70 300 L...
  14. TeT

contrast in settings on camera

When you increase or subtract contrast in the picture styles in camera: What mechanism does the camera use to facilitate that change?
  15. TeT

EF 24 105 manufacturing location switch...

Is it significant that the 24 105 L is now being made in Oita? Through 2013 this lens was being made in Utsunomiya. Saw my first 2014 model and it had an OCxxxx code on it... Regardless of significance, why would they make that switch?
  16. TeT

Site trolling

Do Canon owners traditionally go to other camera fanatic sites ie... nikonrumor or fujiforums or sonyfans whatever they might be... and troll and deride those members for their equipments faults and shortcomings. You cannot ask a question on this site anymore without someone saying go buy a...
  17. TeT

Dynamic Range questions..

I have found mixed information on the following question depending upon where I look and no hard data to back any of the answers up. Following considers proper exposure ranges in regards to speed and aperture setting Does DR decrease as ISO increases and does it decrease at a steady rate...
  18. TeT

small flash for catch light 5m to 20m

missing my pop up flash from my crop DSLR.. nice to be able to have instant catch light. Looking for a small flash to replicate that feature. John
  19. TeT

Canon 6D battery issue (?)

I am getting less than 400 shots on a charge. Battery recharge performance indicates 3 bars green. battery communicates etc... No GPS, no WIFI running. Using 24 105 L lens . No Live View... No video taking. Give it a shot... Also: will sucking the pics off of the camera via cable v. external...
  20. TeT

technique for hand held larger lens

Using my 300 4 L IS with either a crop body or 6d I get blur. I correct this by leaning my left shoulder against something. Do not have same issue with the 70 200 L. I do not want to always use a monopod as it is often getting in the way. Its not a strength thing, my height & wingspan (I'm...