Search results

1. C

Canon U.S.A. Redefines Imaging Excellence at NAB 2024

If this is all we are getting from Canon at NAB, I am completely baffled. Not even a mention of the new servo zoom lenses at the very least?
  2. C

Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

I am not a “Canon is doomed” guy, but if they don’t announce something at NAB, they will have made a serious strategic mistake.
  3. C

Canon Patent Application: Another RF Z lens

I love the 24-105 f/2.8, but it is too big for most gimbals. The 15-60 f/2.8 would solve that problem and basically act like a 24-105 f/4 when used on something like R5C in S35 mode. The internal zoom also vastly helps with using a gimbal.
  4. C

There are at least 3 more PowerZoom lenses coming [CR3]

“we think there needs to be something more video focused to pair with a PowerZoom RF-S lens.” You mean the C70?
  5. C

The Canon EOS R5 C has been rejected for Netflix Certification

The weird thing about the C-Log2 theory is that the RAW video is interpreted as C-Log2 footage. There is a possibility that the camera does not have the dynamic range specified by Canon for C-Log2, but I don't know why that would matter as far as netflix is concerned unless it really is just a...
  6. C

Patent: Canon presents some interesting fast zoom lens optical formulas

I would also guess this would be expensive cinema glass. The reason that the T numbers are odd on Canon glass, though, is because they are just taking the even focal length number and adding 0.1. I don't think many companies even measure the transmission, they just add 0.1 since the transmission...
  7. C

More Cinema EOS news, this time the successor to the Canon Cinema EOS C700FF

This makes sense. The C700 II will basically have a the EU-V2 built in with the additional XLR inputs, battery mount, and probably some advanced controllers and i/o ports that will make it more adaptable for multicamera and efx production environments. A year later, a stripped down version will...
  8. C

More Cinema EOS news, this time the successor to the Canon Cinema EOS C700FF

$25k. If it were to be $35k, they would call it the C900. In fact, I bet the main reason they aren’t calling it the C500 III is because they want to charge at C700 levels. The C700 was supposed to be their large production camera.
  9. C

Canon to finally bring a successor to the Cinema EOS C200

So, it is a C300 MKIII with and RF mount. I wonder what they will remove to reduce the price. Maybe the rear expansion port. Or maybe Canon will just do what they did with the XF705 and the XF605 and release a better camera for less money.
  10. C

A Canon EOS R7 C is on the way, but not in 2022 [CR3]

I am a video guy and I have a mix of full frame and S35 cameras. One of the things that made me decide to get an R5C was that you could use it in both full frame and S35 modes and get a nice, oversampled 4K 10bit 422 output in both modes. The R5C is the only oversampled S35 4K cinema camera that...
  11. C

New Cinema Lenses To Be 20-50mm and 45-135mm

I'm going to go with t/2.6. That's the aperture of their current high end S35 zooms. I would love a 24-105 t/4.4 full frame compact servo zoom to go with the 70-200.
  12. C

What’s next for the Canon Cinema EOS line

The primary component for AF on the Canon cameras is the lens providing aperture and focal length data. I can get by with out AF and rarely use continuous AF, but I need to the manual focus guides from the DPAF for critical focus. As far as I know, the only cinema lenses that work with DPAF are...
  13. C

Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

My main reason for not getting an R6 was the lack of dual recording. I already have cinema cameras that do dual recording plus a proxy. I’ve had a card on a DSLR go bad doing a paid shoot and there is no way I would risk that again. And if I want to use a DSLR, I want to use it because it is...
  14. C

New Canon Cinema lenses coming in 2021, including the first RF mount CINE lenses [CR3]

It would be great if Canon would replace the 35, 50, and 85 with lenses with less CA. I might actually buy a series with updated designs. I don’t see a huge market for primes with AF. I love the manual focus assist from Canon, but I don’t actually see a huge benefit to full time AF on my prime...
  15. C

The Canon Cinema EOS C200 Mark II will arrive in April [CR3]

The only way this makes sense to me if it an RF mount camera with a similar body style as the C70. Basically a unibody C300 III.
  16. C

8K Cinema RAW Light coming to the EOS R5 confirmed by Apple?

Interestingly, I can't play my 5.9K Canon RAW Light from C500 II with the update. It looks like Canon still needs to release the update to their Canon RAW plugin.
  17. C

The Canon Cinema EOS C70 is in the wild [CR2]

7/10 of a C100. As a person who really dislikes using a DSLR for video, I do feel that there is a market for a small interchangeable lens video camera.
  18. C

Multiple cameras coming to the new Cinema EOS R lineup. Along with a new XC series camera. [CR2]

I think this camera is the C100 replacement. It doesn't have much in common with the C200 based on specs. You're right that the C100 replacement should have a IBIS, though.
  19. C

Feature updates coming via firmware for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

This is sourced from EOSHD, so I am going to go with a CR0.
  20. C

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

For the no budget filmmaker looking at Canon cameras, I think it really takes the gloss off of the C500MKII as the camera to own. But the R5 isn't really competing in the market the C500 is targeting. The lack of XLR, timecode, dual slot recording, button controls, SDI, etc. are all things that...