Search results

1. A

R6 + IBIS + EF lenses

Hi, I have been using Canon EOS cameras and EF lenses since 2001. Over the last 19 years I have acquired several lenses. Now I am planning to move to Canon EOS R cameras. I have to plan my pathway carefully. In Brazil we do not have large camera stores as B&H where we can try different cameras...
  2. A

Using EF lenses on Canon EOS R

Hi, To all Canon EOS R users: how is your experience using EF lenses on the R camera so far? Does the camera display focus distance information with EF lenses as it does with RF lenses? What about lens aberrations correction? I am especially curious about Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L and EF 85...
  3. A

Billingham Hadley Pro vs Hadley One

Has anyone changed from Billingham Hadley Pro to Billingham Hadley One? Do you think the extra space was worth the investiment?
  4. A

How to defish architectural shots made with Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L?

Hi, I am trying to use Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L to make some archictectural shots (façades of two or three story buildings in narrow alleys and very long façades in narrow alleys as well). What do you recomend to defish those images? I have already used my widest rectilinear lens (Sigma 12-24mm)...
  5. A

A new Canon EOS R body with IBIS - A new life for old lenses?

When Canon releases a new EOS R body with IBIS could it mean a new life for old lenses? I think it would be very interesting for owners of Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L (or 1.0L), EF 85mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L and several other lenses to simply add IS to all those lenses by buying a new body. Consider...
  6. A

2018 World Cup

Where are the traditional sideline pictures with dozens of press photographers so that we can count the number of white lenses and black lenses and brag (or complain) about the number of photographers using Canon and photogs using Nikon or Sony? ;)
  7. A

Why Canon won´t design fixed lenses wider than 11mm?

Fixed lenses are easier to design than zoom lenses. The designer might optimize the project for only one focal lenght and does not need to worry about correcting distortions in several different focal lenghts. So, one could expect that Canon might produce a fixed lens wider than the 11mm, as...
  8. A

Any rumor about a new TS-E lens wider than 17mm?

Is there any rumor about a new TS-E lens wider than 17mm? Or Canon will release news or rumors about a new TS-E lens as soon as I buy the TS-E 17mm, as it happened with the new 70-200mm f/4L IS, which appeared months after I bought my copy of this lens?
  9. A

After post-production software, is the TS-E 17mm still a valuable resource?

Folks, As the post-production software gets better day after day, do you consider the TS-E 17mm a valuable resorce for architecture photography or are you satisfied with tilt corrections in post?
  10. A

Full body portraits on the street - 50mm f/1.2L or 85mm f/1.4L IS

Hi, I am currently developing a project to make full body portraits of workers on the street. I would like to make portraits with huge bokeh in order to isolate the worker from the street, albeit showing a litte context. Which lens would you choose, the 50mm f/1.2L or the 85mm f/1.4L IS? I...
  11. A

Recording Uncompressed Video from 7D mark II

I am currently working on a project with my sister. She wants to film several interviews for a documentary movie. I would like to help her by recording these interviews. I would like these interviews to be recorded on the best available format. It seems that recording uncompressed video is...
  12. A

Arca-Swiss Monoball Z1 sp vs Really Right Stuff BH 55 Pro

Hi, I currently own a Manfrotto 055CXPro3 carbon fiber tripod with the Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head and the Manfrotto 496 RC2 ball head. While I am satisfied with the tripod legs and the geared head, I am extremelly dissatisfied with the ball head, because it can´t hold itself where I place...
  13. A

Could you comment my future upgrade path?

I am an avid amateur shooter, focusing mainly on architecture and landscape. I am planning an once in a lifetime trip to Antarctica in february 2016 or 2017. I currently own a Canon EOS 6D and a 7D mark II, Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 HSMII, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS, Canon...
  14. A

Billingham Hadley Pro capacity and water resistance

I am looking for a classy camera bag to use in places where my Tamrac Evolution backpack would not fit. I am thinking about the Billingham Hadley Pro but I am worried about two aspects: capacity and water resistance and I would like to know if anyone here has experience with this bag? Could I...
  15. A

Field of View - Canon TS-e 17mm vs Sigma 12-24mm

I want to take pictures of houses from a narrow street (the buildings are 5 to 11 meters high, the street measures 4.5 meters accross). I am trying to decide which lens will work for this project, Sigma 12-24mm @ 12mm and the camera on vertical position (portrait) or Canon TS-e 17mm also with...
  16. A

Canon CN-E lenses compared to Canon EF and other lenses

Canon CN-E prime lenses may be used in Canon full frame cameras as the Canon EOS-1D C. These lenses are said to produce extremely good images. I would like to know if they could be used for stills and how they compare to Canon lenses and maybe other high tier lenses (Zeiss Otus or Sigma Art...
  17. A

Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS + Canon 2x EF extender III (preferably on 7D II)

Has anyone tried to pair the Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS with the Canon 2x EF extender III? What do you think of the results? Does it look better than 70-200 f/2.8L IS II + 2x + 1.4x or cropping 70-200f/2.8L IS II + 2x? Would you recommend this combo (300 f/4L IS + 2x III)? Thanks. Leandro
  18. A

Antartic Cruise: 6D vs 7D II and equipment recommendations

Dear Friends, I currently own a Canon EOS 6D and I am planning a cruise to Antartica in 2016. I have several questions about this trip, as it is a very expensive trip and kind a one in a lifetime event. I am looking for opinions and suggestions from people who have been there or on similar...
  19. A

Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG ASP HSM II versus Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC

I am gearing up for a new project: shooting historical buildings from a close distance, so I need an extreme wide angle lens. I am currently using a Canon 6D with a 17-40mm f/4L, but I need a wider lens. I am considering a Sigma 12-24mm or a Samyang 14mm. I would like to know if anyone has...