Search results

1. Khalai

Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras [C

Re: Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera To be completely honest, that A7III really made me thinking as well. I mean, on paper, those specs are truly droolworthy, considering 2K USD price tag. But Sony (and Batis and Loxia) lenses are...
  2. Khalai

Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras [C

Re: Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Well, all I basically wanted was 6D form factor with better sensor, kick-ass EVF and EF mount. But I fear for the price. This will be north of 3500 USD I'm afraid. All those measurebators, who...
  3. Khalai

Tamron says they are ready for Canon and Nikon mirrorless

It's called lensception :-D
  4. Khalai

Canon Announces the Speedlite 470EX-AI Autobounce

But everyone on the interwebs say that Canon does not innovate. Oh, wait... :-D Anyway, quite interesting concept. Yes, there is till market-segmentation from Canon at its "finest" but hey, this is the first of the many to come. I like my 600 RT anyday, but sometimes in difficult venues, this...
  5. Khalai

Leaked: Samyang XP 50mm f/1.2 EF for EF Mount

LV mostly, actually. I bought some used Classic Zeiss primes to slow down my personal photography and I also very much like the aesthetics of those primes as well as colours and overall contrast/rendering/pop thingy.
  6. Khalai

Zeiss Reports Record Revenue & Earnings, Who Needs AF?

I love Zeiss (Classic foremost) lenses, as my signature proves. But sometimes, AF is irreplacible. I wished that Canon would have released FF MILC, which would really be beneficial for more ergonomic MF. Right now, LV is my go-to method, which is not always ideal. But overall image quality...
  7. Khalai

Some Information About the EF 85mm f/1.4L IS [CR3]

But my 50L really does not suffer from visible focus shifting 8)
  8. Khalai

Hands on Field Test of the Canon EOS 6D Mark II

Images of what? Underexposed back of a lens cap and pushed seven stops? What's the name of the coffee shop again? Ye olde DRone & Measurebator?
  9. Khalai

PetaPixel poops on the 6D2 sensor

According to Aglet, people should choose camera HE heavily prefers in a single metric performance :D
  10. Khalai

Review: Canon EOS 6D Mark II by DPReview

There are also more rather affordable options such as 24/2.8 IS, 35/2 IS or low-tier L lenses such as 24-70/4L IS or 70-200/4L (non IS)...
  11. Khalai

Off Brand: The Nikon D850 Specifications List Grows

6K timelapses then? Oh wait, I can do it manually with timed remote, never mind :D
  12. Khalai

Hands on Field Test of the Canon EOS 6D Mark II

It's not a 6D II bug, it a third party lens bug to be precise :)
  13. Khalai

Zeiss Milvus 35mm f/1.4 Review (+ 35L II comparo) | Dustin

Well, for my 21 Distagon, I could not care less. for 50 MPlanar, I can use VF reliably (with Eg-S) screen, however 85 Planar is a b***c! I have to use LV with Magic Lantern DoF toggle (to prevent focus shifts). Not the prettiest way, but simply reliable (at least for me). I'd love tilt screen to...
  14. Khalai

How important are the caveats relative to new camera specs?

For measurebators and specphiles, anything below 100% is rubbish, unusable and should be shunned right away...
  15. Khalai

IIRC, Dustin uses 6D with Eg-S screen already...
  16. Khalai

Three New Tilt-Shift Lenses on the Way [CR2]

You can use third party brands TS offering, if you seek for a more affordable TS lens. Samyang for example...
  17. Khalai

Thanks Dustin. I've watched both of your video reviews (in fact, subscriber here). Very nicely done. But 35/1.4L II is cheaper, lighter and has AF. And sharpness or drawing differences between it and Milvus are really splitting hairs as you said yourself. For Nikonias though, that's a different...
  18. Khalai

Canon 50 1.2 vs Sigma 50 art specifically for low light photos

My 50/1.2L is my love/hate lens. I love the output, colours and contrast, could not care less about lesser sharpness than its peers (still acceptable). But I very rarely use it at f/1.2, in fact f/1.6-2.2 is my bread & butter settings for this lens. And surprisingly, on my 6D with its crude AF...
  19. Khalai

Never. Remember, he has to continually persuade every Canon heathen to convert to the only righeous way of supreme DReligion :)
  20. Khalai

Maybe the only one there is rather old 17-55/2.8 IS USM. Build quality is far from L, but optically, that lens is quite decent. And price was in the low L territory. So maybe that one? Apart from that, maybe also old 10-22 can be considered as "high-end" EF-S, but high-end only relative to other...