Search results

1. S

Canon is planning an EOS R5 C Mark II [CR2]

That’s been in the camera since day one? Select S&F with WAV mode and it records the sound to the 2nd card slot.
  2. S

It would have to be the size of the C70 to have physical ND filters so not going to happen. There’s a world in which the new sensor has electronic ND if Canon develops that tech but wouldn’t be the physical barrier to the sensor you’re particularly looking for.
  3. S

I don’t see what parts of the R5C have even been hit with a cripple hammer? I see intelligent design trade offs that someone has made. But for once it really is everything canon can fit in one box with no limits. Would I like all day battery life sure. But that’s not realistic in a world where...
  4. S

It’s clear you feel that way but for me and many others it’s exactly what we were looking for. And the article we are commenting on says it’s been a big seller for Canon. So I’m happy. Canon is happy. Many other owners are happy. You just seem to be the only one really angry and it’s not clear...
  5. S

You sound like you're angry about a bunch of loosely connected things there. You're posting in a canon forum. If you want to use the FX3. Great. No one is stopping you? The R5C is a true hybrid. It's a cinema camera and a stills camera. The problems arise when customers don't realise CinemaOS...
  6. S

Great post. Exactly, if you want to run the R5C CINEMA camera all day you need to treat it like a cinema camera and rig it up. You don’t see posts on Arri forums complaining a 150wh battery only lasts a take. Because it’s a cinema camera pushing the edge of what’s possible tech wise and battery...
  7. S

Clearly they don’t see the need. Especially if as the report claims the R5C has been selling so well a mk 2 is on the boards for 2025. Which just goes to show how much nonsense all the talk of ‘they just slapped a fan on the back and rushed it out’ talk was as a reaction to R5 overheating...
  8. S

Canon aren’t going to make a specific new battery for a single one model of camera. You’ve just explained why they will still use LPNH. As it is. The R5C is more power efficient than a C70. If you hook them both up to a 100wh v mount the C70 runs 9hrs and the R5C runs 10hrs. And that’s...
  9. S

For everyone asking for better battery you’re fundamentally misunderstanding what the R5C is. Mark 2 will have exactly the same kinds of design trade offs with battery life that the current Gen has. The question you need you ask yourself is “Do you need a cinema camera?” Not everyone does. It’s...
  10. S

They’re all great things to want. But where on an R5 size body do you fit XLRs and an entirely new battery type? It’s just not possible. What you’re describing is the C70. The R5C 2 will have all the exact same design trade offs the current Gen has. It’s just the nature of the form factor.
  11. S

Canon finally pulls the new Canon EOS R5 C v1.0.4.1 firmware

Yay. They quoted my post. glad they left in name of the guy who originally found it. I just help spread the news. All credit to him. I’m guessing it’s a weird bug because it’s easy for me to reproduce 100% of the time but other people on these forums have tried it and I’ve seen YouTube’s do...
  12. S

Canon has released a major firmware update for the Canon EOS R5 C v1.0.4.1

Just read on a Facebook group that Canon Support have said this firmware is in the process of being pulled and a new one will be available with the fix some time in the future.
  13. S

There are now videos being posted about the custom mode issue I mentioned. It seems to be easily to create for some of us at least. @shadowsports can you try this and recreate the issue?
  14. S

Great post. Shooting for up to an hour continuously might be great for most shooters but for some jobs that’s not good to cut it. I had an R6 and could work around the overheating on a lot of jobs but the minute projects needed the camera to record 100% of the time I got an R5C. It’s about...
  15. S

I Hate when Canon doesn’t deliver on promises they never made. Apple gets a lot of that too.
  16. S

That’s why it’s a Bug. It must be a remnant of the R5 firmware.
  17. S

Yes, I confirmed it myself. Try it yourself using the steps I mentioned. Put it into a custom mode Take a picture Turn it off. Then on again Take a picture Compare the two images. One will have a hugely inflated files size as it’s upscaling? It to pixel shift resolutions. It’s easy to...
  18. S

Just to be clear. You’re mad that a video focussed camera got a video focussed update?
  19. S

Theres a bug in new R5C firmware for photography shooters. Found by =AZUxlwYP41qcDPq2ojnD0qP9tC6M84pRckziODGqCvZbYFK8h7hxa6lBCw6MOrUvgVHI-bgHwNz1VLT_9O2IbNzGk9f0RkNMWSj9ETQZJNe5xX1BQ8ouSPhpLU4zc6MsJPxpW-rnP8yN9q4hqLGLbuuwVnPmtypxi6kxV1afP-0BYN2ZDeEyidXdQNxaHxG_JdQ&__tn__=-]K-R']Vitali Beliak...
  20. S

R5C Bug in New firmware 1.0.4.1 June 2023

PSA: Bug in new R5C firmware for photography shooters. Found by =AZUxlwYP41qcDPq2ojnD0qP9tC6M84pRckziODGqCvZbYFK8h7hxa6lBCw6MOrUvgVHI-bgHwNz1VLT_9O2IbNzGk9f0RkNMWSj9ETQZJNe5xX1BQ8ouSPhpLU4zc6MsJPxpW-rnP8yN9q4hqLGLbuuwVnPmtypxi6kxV1afP-0BYN2ZDeEyidXdQNxaHxG_JdQ&__tn__=-]K-R']Vitali Beliak...