Search results

1. Glenn Bartley

My Best Photos of 2023

2023 was a great year of bird photography! I feel so lucky to get to travel to incredible places and see these unbelievably beautiful birds. Here are a few of my favourites from a memorable year of photography that I hope you will enjoy :) If you'd like to see my full "Best of 2023" gallery...
  2. Glenn Bartley

AMAZING Birds from Argentina!!

Hi Everyone, I'm just home from a phenomenal 3 week shoot in NW Argentina. Here are a few of my favorites that I hope you will enjoy. To see more please check out my trip report here - http://tinyurl.com/bdekee3s Cheers! Glenn Red-tailed Comet Brazilian Teal Scimitar-billed...
  3. Glenn Bartley

Penguin Extravaganza!!!!

My big trip for this year was this epic and exciting expedition to, quite literally, the "end of the earth". I only had a few days in Patagonia to scout out for a future tour I am setting up. But it was amazing to spend them in this incredible landscape and to have some great success with the...
  4. Glenn Bartley

My Best Bird Photos of 2022!!!

2022 was absolutely crazy! I was in the field for more than 200 days this year and visited some truly incredible places and saw so many unbelievably beautiful birds! I hope you will enjoy this sample of a few of my favourite images from 2022. Please be sure to check out the link below to the...
  5. Glenn Bartley

Regent Bowerbird (Australia)

Here's one of my favourite birds from a recent trip to Australia. If you'd like to see more from my trip you can see a gallery - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/featurephotogalleries.htm Camera Model: Canon EOS R5 Shutter speed: 1/800 sec Aperture: 6.3 Flash: On ISO: 3200...
  6. Glenn Bartley

Ribbon-tailed Astrapia (Papua New Guinea)

I'm just home from a lengthy trip to Papua New Guinea and Australia. I thought I'd start by sharing this amazing Bird of Paradise the Ribbon-tailed Astrapia. What a bird! If you want to see more images from this trip my latest newsletter has just gone out chronicling my the trip... I hope...
  7. Glenn Bartley

Sapphire-vented Puffleg (Ecuador)

I'm a man who loves setting up a good hummingbird image :-) Taken with natural light in the highlands of Ecuador earlier this year during some free time I had before leading a photo workshop... You can see more from that trip here -...
  8. Glenn Bartley

Chestnut-sided Shrike Vireo (Mexico)

Here's one of my favourite birds from my trip to Mexico this past spring. I had seen them before in Guatemala but was SUPER excited to get such great looks on this trip. What a stunner!!! In case you want to see more from that trip please visit -...
  9. Glenn Bartley

Velvet-purple Coronet (Colombia)

Here’s one of my favourite hummingbirds from a trip I led earlier this year. These little beauties just erupt into glowing shades of purple, blue and green when seen from the right angle. To see more from that exciting trip please visit -...
  10. Glenn Bartley

Hummingbirds: A Celebration of Nature's Jewels

I've been in love with hummingbirds ever since the first time I saw one as a boy in my parents backyard. Tomorrow my book on Hummingbirds will officially be published worldwide. This project is the result of thousands and thousands of hours in the field and took about 3 years to produce the...
  11. Glenn Bartley

12,000km Road Trip Across Canada

I just popped up a gallery on my website of my recent road trip if anyone is interested. Lots of driving...but also lots of great birds! :) http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/Gallery%20-%20CrossCanada2022.html
  12. Glenn Bartley

White-throated Jay (Mexico)

Here's another stunner from Mexico. The beautiful White-throated Jay. More from Mexico here - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/Gallery%20-%20Mexico2022.html Camera Model: Canon EOS R5 Shutter speed: 1/160 sec Aperture: 5.6 Exposure compensation: +1/3 ISO: 3200 Lens...
  13. Glenn Bartley

Rose-bellied Bunting (Mexico)

Here's another one of my favourite birds from my recent trip to Mexico. These guys were a bit trickier to track down than the Orange-breasted Bunting I posted a few weeks ago. Worth the hunt! If you want to see more from the trip I popped a gallery up on my site - HERE Cheers! Glenn Camera...
  14. Glenn Bartley

Orange-breasted Bunting (Mexico)

Here's one of my favourite birds from my recent trip to Mexico. A real stunner eh! If you want to see more from the trip I popped a gallery up on my site - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/Gallery%20-%20Mexico2022.html Cheers! Glenn Camera Model: Canon EOS R5 Shutter...
  15. Glenn Bartley

You Have to See These BEAUTIFUL birds from COLOMBIA!

I'm home from 50 days in the Andes of Colombia and Ecuador. What an incredible trip!! The highlights are too numerous to mention in one post. But I'll share a few of my favourites from the first phase - my annual Colombia Photo Workshop. Black-billed Mountain Toucan Andean Cock of the Rock...
  16. Glenn Bartley

Tufted Coquette - Re-processing an old file with great results!

You should give DXO Pure Raw a try!
  17. Glenn Bartley

Tufted Coquette - Re-processing an old file with great results!

There is ome pretty awesome new software on the market these days. I went back and re-processed this old photo. So much better now using DXO Pure RAW and Topaz filters :D AFTER BEFORE Episode 2 of "The Bird Photography Show" is now available to watch. In this episode Jan shares an image...
  18. Glenn Bartley

How to take AMAZING Bird Photos | The Bird Photography Show EP.1

Here's a stunning California Quail for you this morning. If you'd like to know more about the story behind this one and how I took this shot you might enjoy episode 1 of my new YouTube show with fellow professional bird photographer Jan Wegener. WATCH HERE - Camera Model: Canon EOS R5...
  19. Glenn Bartley

Stunning Spring Birds

Canon R5 and 600mm F/4
  20. Glenn Bartley

Stunning Spring Birds

A gorgeous Western Tanager from this spring. What a stunner! A cute Yellow-rumped Warbler singing from a great perch! To see more you can check out my recent newsletter that featured a "spring birds gallery" with all of my favourite snaps from the past few months. Visit the link below to...