Search results

1. digigal

Crazy RF 100-500 Disaster!!

I've been using my RF 100-500 + RF 1.4 on a monopod with the Wimberly MonoGimbel Head which works great! The only problem I had was with my tripod mount ring which I have had difficulty tightening it around the lens and it would pop open easily and finally got to the point I couldn't even...
  2. digigal

What's Your Favorite CF Express Card and Why?

Looking for another CF Express card for my R5 and this is my first camera that has used them so haven't developed a favorite so far. Was generally using San Disk Extreme Pro SD cards and never had a problem with them but both some Lexar SD XC II for my R and was using them in my R5 and it kept...
  3. digigal

R5 Software Issue?

I've had my R5 freeze twice since I received it. Yesterday it occurred while I was shooting several shots in high speed mechanical shutter mode to the SD II card (was not hot). All I had to do was turn the camera off then immediately back on to solve the problem. Today about 5 min after I...
  4. digigal

Help me Decide: Canon RF 35 f1.8 or Sigma Art 35 f1.4 for my EOS R

I want to get a fast wide angle lens for my R as a complement to the EF 24-105 II that I use as the general walk around for it. Would use this combo like I used the M5/22f2 combo. Also I have some events coming up where I'm sure it will be useful. Price between the two not a major issue...
  5. digigal

Favorite Method to Clean Sensor

I can't seem to find any recommendation of a method on Canon's official site. I've used both the Pec pads and the Eyelead Gel stick and both seem to work. Can't decide which I like better. What do you use? Catherine
  6. digigal

I Did It

I bit the bullit and ordered the R and the adapter with the control ring. I'm leaving for Tanzania in 2 weeks and will be taking it as a companion to the 7DMII.My husband just checked the shutter count on my 7DMII and it's about 350 K so it's living on borrowed time! Hope it makes it until...
  7. digigal

Adapter Rings for EOS R

Does anyone have an Adapter ring with the adjustable ring? What are the various options can you set the ring to adjust? Catherine
  8. digigal

EOS R and 100-400 II

I'm renting the R for a week to check it out prior to considering buying it. It would be my first FF camera. I shoot wildlife and always use a crop for the distance factor because I can't handle the weight of the FF equipment for the places I want to go and the things I want to do, so that's...
  9. digigal

M5 and Cold Weather Question

I've used my M5 in the heat and in the desert in Africa but not in the cold and the snow. I would like to use it as my wide angle option on a trip to Antarctica to pair with my 7DM2 and 100-400. The than the usual shorter battery life due to the cold has anyone had any particular issues? Catherine
  10. digigal

Help me pick the right wide angle lens for Emperor Penguins

Although I've been to Antarctica 3 times, So Georgia 2x and spent 2 wks on the Falklands, this will be my first (and only!) trip to Snow Hill for the Emperors so I want to do it right because there will be no "do overs"--time's running out for me :( My wildlife kit which has taken me almost...
  11. digigal

M5 does Namibia

Just got back from Namibia and took the M5 as my landscape/carry around camera and my 7DM2 as my wildlife camera. Worked great. I used the 18-55 kit lens from the M3 which was fine for the landscape shots. We did some night/star shots and I used my Sigma 18-34 f/1.8 with the adapter and...
  12. digigal

Tips for New M3 Owner for Africa Trip

Just ordered the M3 + M 18-55 STM, the EF-M lens adapter, and the EF 50 1.8 STM to take with me to play with in Africa next mo when we go to try to catch the migration (will be spending 3 wks at camps along the Kenya/Tanzania border). Of course, I'll have my 7DMII, the EF 100-400 II, TC 1.4...