Search results

1. B

Industry News: Sony announces their new flagship camera, the alpha a1

Well, you surely used both cameras for many months in field to support your claims....or you are just reading spec-sheets?!
  2. B

New EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 33.3A for Windows - DPP 4.9.0 with EOS R support!

This is good news, I had same trouble with small fonts on my Dell XPS15 4k display. Looks like Canon starts accept the 4k reality ;)
  3. B

New EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 33.3A for Windows - DPP 4.9.0 with EOS R support!

You can download it here https://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0200570202.html Download works with 5DmkIV serial. Source FM forums http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1561601/0#14597106
  4. B

Here's the manual for the EOS R!

You'r not, A9 has stacked sensor and it can read entire sensor much faster. It reads entire sensor in 1/160s which is only slightly slower than it's mechanical shutter. Other A7x bodies including (A7III) can do it in 1/15s with uncompressed RAW and 1/30s with compressed RAW. Source Jim Kasson...
  5. B

EOS R first impressions - post your hands-on impressions here

Well, according manual, the AF point position is possible to select with wheels (y)
  6. B

Unfortunately not, but there was a question about compatibility with 3rd party lenses. Officially Canon doesn't care, of course, but the Canon guy told us, that on another presentation someone tested 1.4/35 ART without any obvious troubles.
  7. B

Hard to evaluate, the presentation was indoor with artificial lighting only and part of the room was dark, but the AF didn't hunt and I think that it was limited by speed of lens motors more than by body itself.
  8. B

Yes, the touch strip function is user defined, on one camera there was slide ISO selection, on other AF mode. And "end points" of strip can be assigned as any other buttons. But the ISO "scrooling" was very slow with strip. Unfortunately I hadn't enough time to explore all the fine settings of...
  9. B

Yesterday I attended a local Canon EOS R presentation. If you are interested, here are my first impressions, I won't repeat usual things covered elsewhere. I'm heavy manual focus lenses user (Zeiss ZE serie), so I focused on some niche details. For about 3 years I use first A7 as my travel...
  10. B

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

According this it looks like fully electronic shutter to me http://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2018/canon-eos-r/eos-r-whatsnew-silentshutter.shtml?categoryId=121
  11. B

News Flash: Good news for some, bad news for others

Sweet, my next camera purchase!
  12. B

News Flash: Good news for some, bad news for others

I have EOS M wiht EF adapter. It's just dumb tube with contacts transfer, its sturdy and lens are not wobbling on camera. The communication protocol is same for EOS and EOS M. I suppose, Canon will keep the communication protocol for "EOS R" mount too. Canon adapter is the shortest, because of...
  13. B

Soft files from the 1dx2?

Maybe Canon uses on 1DXII sensor stronger anti aliasing (AA) filter than on 1DX. Then you need to use more sharpening to get similar results at 100%. Same happened to me, when I switched from 1DsII (weak AA) to 1DsIII (strong AA). At 100% 1DsIII looks "softer", but after more sharpening, details...
  14. B

Affinity Photo Beta for Windows!

It's more Photoshop competition than Lightroom alternative... And after first 3 hour playing and editing few photos, IMHO very capable competetion.
  15. B

Sigma 1.4/85 ART RAW samples for download

Shot handheld on borrowed Canon 6D at Sigma booth. Only f1.4. BIIG (but I wouldn't mind on my 1D). Quiet focus and reasonably fast in comparison to my 1.2/85L, but not lightning fast like 2.8/100L Macro on my 1DIV. Unfortunately I have no experience with 6D AF, maybe on my 1DIV the focus...
  16. B

DXO claim 1DX2 new class leader

If you dig deeper beyond the single number results, it's obvious, that sensors in both cameras (1DxII and D5) are balanced slightly differently. This my produce equal "Score", which BTW. I really don't give a s..... What's truly amazing, that the new camera maintains same DR at ISO 1600 as...
  17. B

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Studio Tests

Quick comparison of color rendering from DPR RAW files at ISO100. Developed in DPP 4.4.30.2 with same settings. WB set to 6600K, Fine Detail pic style, no NR and resized to 1DX size. 1DXII looks closer to 5DSR colors than to 1DX. 1DX has slightly more punchy and colder rendering than both newer...
  18. B

Few 1DXII samples

DPReview use Adobe for their image comparison tool, but C1 does definitely much better job with Canon RAWs and visibly better with D4s... Yet even on not so "Canon friendly" site DPR is, 1DX shows better performance than D750... With C1 it's tough between D4s and 1DX... Nikon is slightly...
  19. B

Few 1DXII samples

You have PM on fredmiranda forum.
  20. B

Few 1DXII samples

Comparable D750 and 1DX RAWs from production cameras are free to download on imaging-resources.com... and preproduction 1DXII seems to be even better ;) I don't want to start any brand wars, I just think, that D750 is not in the same league with 1DX, D4s, D5 and A7S in terms of high ISO...