Search results

1. M

Help please... Canon 70d + Sigma 120-300 OS image error

Any help much appreciated... thanks :) Camera is well used on 2nd shutter @400k+ Wonder if this is shutter on way out or aperture blades or something else..?
  2. M

Canon 70D wifi with new Samsung tablet not working - please help

I have had a Canon 70D (firmware 1.1.2) for a few years and been able to successfully tether to my Sony Xperia C5303 smart phone running 4.3 Android via the Canon Connect app. I have just received a Samsung Galaxy Tablet S2 9.7" running Nougat (Android 7) and want to do the same. I am able to...
  3. M

Selling images at an event - Settings and advice help please :)

This is a new project for the summer and would appreciate any tips or advice from anyone with experience doing this sort of thing. There are 2 of us taking photos of an inflatable floating assault coarse and selling to participants afterwards. There are groups of 5-12 people starting at a time...
  4. M

Should I buy the Canon 6D to augment my current system and style..?

I am thinking of expanding my photography which is currently action photo-shoots of dogs, to include natural shots of dogs and kids playing and possibly just kids playing. I currently shoot a Canon 70D + Sigma 120-300 f2.8 OS which is fine in bright sunlight using fast shutter, low'ish ISO...
  5. M

Dogs in FLIGHT (DIF)

I take a lot of action pics of dogs and some of my favourite are when they are off the ground. I've been meaning to start this post for sometime and finally got around to it as it's raining outside..! Here are a few of mine... Share your DIF shots here..!
  6. M

Crazy HDR prints sell well

I have been taking photos on spec at Classic Car Shows using 3 shot bracketing to produce dramatic HDR's, returning to quickly process and print them and then returning to sell to the owners. Done this twice now at local shows and sell over 50%. Thought I would pass this on... ;)
  7. M

Slow Sync Flash in Bright Light

I was wondering if anyone can help with advice on this. I need to shoot mountain bikes in bright light at 1/30th sec to get some background blur and want to pan + fill flash to get some detail in the subject. The bright back light from trees/sky is causing small apertures to keep slow shutter so...
  8. M

Help advice please - Canon 70d AF (AI SERVO)

I photograph a lot of running dogs and often experience the same OOF photos when reviewing my images. It occurs when the dog is moving towards the camera and looks as if the AF is trying to focus on the face and the dog runs forward a few inches by the time the shutter fires. I have included...