Search results

1. F

SmallRig announces LP-E6NH battery for Canon, priced at $39.99 USD.

I use weight as a judgment of how much capacity a battery holds. Beeing lighter then the original does not bode well for an advertised higher capacity. WIhout an actual review I would assume it is 10% less than an original. EDIT: Someone else already posted a similar sentiment
  2. F

Has the G7x focus improved

Just got a G7X mkIII with the 1.3 firmware and the auto focus is still having some lack of responsiveness. You can watch some youtube reviews about the new firmware update. For photos the touchscreen shutter is a useless feature, as it just clicks without trying focusing first. It is great that...
  3. F

Canon confirms addition of Canon Log 3, Cinema RAW Light, lower bit rates and more for the EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5

Yes this seems to be exactly that. No actual temperature reading to determine the cool down period, just a "stupid" timer.
  4. F

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

Agreed, there is still life left in EF mount, since they already took the investment on the R5 sensor and X processor, autofocus module in 1Dx etc there would only be a very small incremental cost to produce a MkV
  5. F

Here are some new lens images and early pricing

That's a spot on comparison! They seem to be practically identical! With the RF mount maybe the geometry managed to squeeze out som additional range. Before we bash RF100-500 for aperture at 500mm it would be interesting to compare to Sony FE 100-400 where they overlap. Maybe the RF is 5.6 at...
  6. F

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

Whats the ISO range? :)
  7. F

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.3.0

If anyone installed it was it working exactly as before is did it introduce any other behavior?
  8. F

Review: Datacolor SpyderX Elite Monitor Calibration Tool

What you should know and I wish I did before purchasing.. https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/will-there-be-spyderx-support/page/4/ CIE DELTA E 2000 SpyderX vs i1D3 Spyder5 vs SpyderX Spyder5 vs i1D3 Total peak = 2.009, avg = 0.717 peak = 6.851, avg = 1.301 peak = 8.147, avg = 1.378...
  9. F

Canon will make their NAB announcements on April 3, 2019 [CR2]

The https://www.adorama.com/caxf405.html?utm_source=rflaid64393 XF405 SPEC sheet mentions 4k@60Hz asupport. Maybe the articke can get updated..
  10. F

Datacolor debuts SpyderX, a ground-breaking color calibration solution for monitors.

I now bought and tried the SpyderX pro. I used a laptop with a B156HAN04.5 panel. Originlly I could not find any review of this monitor on Notebokcheck, hence would like to have it calibrated. Did three runs with spyderX: 1. Too yellow (new configuration) 2. Too blue (new configuration) 3. A...
  11. F

EOS R, Canon BG-E22 Battery Grip review?

Hi! Now that the price of BG-E22 has been lowered I wonder if anyone seen a review with the grip? Preferably on youtube? As I feel the R is slightly unbalanced with 70-300 L I was thinking to try a grip. But before I splash out all that money I would really want to learn how it looks and feels...
  12. F

Datacolor debuts SpyderX, a ground-breaking color calibration solution for monitors.

Me too, although I ordered one anyway cause it was 50$ cheaper than x-rite. If spyder 5 is 80% or x-rite this might be 95%?
  13. F

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

New sensor probably means 6D mkII sensor with new microlenses, I absolutely would not expect a BRAND new sensor.
  14. F

EOS R overheating?

Interesting review! I would like to download some of the photos and have a look at them, do you know if they are available somewhere?
  15. F

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

I am almost certain of two things. 1. Canon is not manufacturing the DIGIC processor themselves, if they uses TI in the past I don't have a reason to suspect that they would have changed strategy. If DIGIC 5 was 45 nm, 5+ 45nm, 6 32 nm, 7 22nm then DIGIC 8 would be 14nm. Why would anyone suggest...
  16. F

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Was this fimed using a R? Everything was out of focus and blurry.. :)
  17. F

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

In fact as mentioned in the excellent Click Mag Ep25 presentation, just mount a EF-S EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM. The EF/EF-S adapter comes standard with the body only package. The EF-S compatibility is a killer feature. I was shying away from 6DmkII for the bad low light performance, dynamic...
  18. F

We have too many memory card standards

SD express has the perfect form factor, compatible with UHS-I, and should be the Canon standard in all cameras.
  19. F

5D Mark V wish list

I wish the next canon camera will support the new SD express form factor with 950MB/s throughput. No need for the chunky large cards in the old camera.
  20. F

Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM

Here is an indoor shot on 6D SOC JPG, had to resize to meet maximum attachment size of 5MB.