Search results

1. R

all around Macro lens

The other option I have is using my 100-400 v2 with the Canon close up filter. That gives around the 1:1 Thoughts?
  2. R

all around Macro lens

Thank you for the comments. I shoot full frame.
  3. R

all around Macro lens

I'm trying to decide what macro lens to get for all around macro shooting. I'm really trying to decide between 100mmL & the canon 180mmL. Any thoughts or experiences with the lenses? Thank you, Ryan
  4. R

Canon close up filter 500D

Does anyone have experience using the Canon close up filter 500D? I'm trying to keep my kit reasonably light while hiking. I always have my 100-400 V2 with me and a few others on top of that, so I'm not wanting to carry a macro lens all the time too. So any comments or experience with it would...
  5. R

Capture 1 Pro or Lightroom

Thanks for your comments and advice. zhaoqingMal Your blog was a good read on this.
  6. R

Capture 1 Pro or Lightroom

Does anyone have experience using Capture One Pro 9? I use Lightroom now and can do basic edits and find my way around the program. Before I really try to learn everything in Lightroom and invest all my time I'm wondering if I should spend my time learning Capture One inside and out and make...
  7. R

Canon or Kenko Extension tubes

Thank you for the advice and replys.
  8. R

Canon or Kenko Extension tubes

I'm wanting to add extension tubes to my kit. Anyone who has experience with extension tubes have advice or thoughts on brand and general info? Thank You, Ryan
  9. R

Canon 24-70 2.8 ii or 35mm 1.4 ii

Thank you.
  10. R

Thanks for the advice. On the f2 how's the image quality wide open and does it focus fast?
  11. R

I find I really shoot a lot at 35mm. I like having the zoom range but really thinking about going with the 35mm ii for the 2 extra stops. I'd probably have to sell the 24-70 to justify the cost. Any thoughts?
  12. R

Canon 25-105 L or 24-70 L ii for a landscape lens?

Thank you all the advice
  13. R

Canon 25-105 L or 24-70 L ii for a landscape lens?

I already have a 24-105 L, 16-35 f/4 L and 70-200 2.8 Is L ii for my landscape kit. I'm wondering if the 24-70 ii would be worth investing in at this point for landscape shoots considering the price and of it and needing to purchase 82mm filters if I get it. Any advice would be appreciated...
  14. R

Camera Canada

Thank you for all the replys and sharing your experiences
  15. R

Camera Canada

Yes it is
  16. R

Camera Canada

Ok thanks. I'm in the U.S. so I wasn't sure if it was a reputable dealer.
  17. R

Canon's Definition of Gray Market

Doesn't Canon USA honor all North American sells from authorized Canon dealers? Like ones in Canada.
  18. R

Camera Canada

Thanks Click. Do you live in the states and order online?
  19. R

Camera Canada

Has anyone purchased cameras and lenses through Camera Canada? If so was it a good experience and a reputable dealer?
  20. R

Lens Recommendations

If you're primairly shooting portriata like you say I'd strongly recommend getting a 70-200 2.8. If the canon version is out of your price range the Tamron version in my opinion is 95% as good.