Search results

1. G

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Please give me a shout. I'll be more than happy to take the "obsolete EF L glass" off your hands.....
  2. G

Post Your Best Landscapes

Here are a couple from my our trip to the Tyrol region of Austria. This one is the Inn river at Rattenburg. Here another from a small town that I can't remember the name:
  3. G

Recommended a good versatile lens.

Another lens that has not been mentioned is the EF-S 18-135 f3.5-5.6 STM. It is not as good as the 17-55 f2.8 or the 15-85 f 3.5-5.6, but it does have a larger focal range and is not a bad lens at all. See the review below...
  4. G

Post Your Best Landscapes

Very well done!
  5. G

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

Really, I don't see that the R brings much if any value over the 5D4. If I need the absolute best focus, I can use live view and focus with the sensor just like the R and other MILC, for faster servo focus, I have the option of using the regular focus sensor of the 5D4. The R is lighter, but...
  6. G

Show your Bird Portraits

Very nicely done dpc! Great shot catching the berry in the air!
  7. G

What does RF stand for?

+1 stevelee
  8. G

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

Nope, I finally upgraded to a full frame 5DIV from the 7DII. I'm extremely happy with it and won't have money to spend for a long time. Took me about 8 years to accumulate my stable of L glass - 16-35 f4, 24-105 f4, 70-200 f2.8 II and 100-400 II. No hurry to change. I like the size of the 5D...
  9. G

Canon 16-35 F4, how do you like it?

I love the 16-35 f4 lens. I use a 24-105 f4 for my walk around lens, but for any critical shots I use either the 16-35 f4 or 70-200 f2.8. If its a good deal, go for it. You won't regret it.
  10. G

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

That's awesome. I"m green with envy!
  11. G

New Camera

I started with a 40D back when it was new in 2007/8 time frame. Like you I purchased some L glass over the years and then moved up to the 7D mark II when it came out. I really wanted to buy a full frame camera then, but the 6D and 5D mark III were getting old and close to time for a refresh...
  12. G

First time to Europe

I've carried a 7D mark II all through Ukraine, Israel, Jordan and Greece with a 24-105 and a 16-35 with the 24-105 being the most used by far. There were a few times that I wished I had something wider, but only a very few. Most of the time I could take a few steps back and get the shot that I...
  13. G

Time for a playful topic! What's in your two lens bag?

I carry the 24-105 f4 L 16-35 f4 L And an crop body. The 24-105 is my work horse and gets the most use. Would like to carry the 70-200 f2.8, but that thing is heavy, wonderful lens, but heavy.
  14. G

Israel

Not sure about the evenings in Tiberius or Jerusalem. But if you have the opportunity to go into Jordan and see Petra and Jerash, don't miss it. We went last year and I am so glad that we did. They are both amazing sites. I have some really cool pictures and a couple of what I consider...
  15. G

Israel

I was in Israel last year with a tour as well. I took my 7D II, 16-35 F/4 L and 24-105 F/4 L original version. I used both lenses. Mostly the 24-105 because of it's larger range, but some shots demanded the 16-35. At times I wished that I had a FF for an even wider view with the 16-35. I...
  16. G

Advice 16-35 f2.8 version 2(not 3) vs 16-35 f4 IS

Personally, I don't have any of the 16-35 F2.8 versions and I don't think I would want one after using the 16-35 F4. Like the others have said unless you really need F2.8, you can't go wrong with the F4 version of the lens. It is a great sharp lens. I bought mine to take to Israel and Jordan...
  17. G

What are your best shots of 2017?

Here is one of my best from 2017. It is the Dead Sea taken from the Jordan side looking across at Israel. Straight out of the camera and developed with Lightroom with no adjustments. Taken with my 7DII and the amazing 16-35 F4 lens.
  18. G

Dustin Abbott Nikon D850 vs Canon 5D mark IV sensor comparision

I think I've been trolled!! Either that or these people are lumping way too much stuff into their definition of a processor. Apparently including some "magic"! Uncle, I'm tapping out!
  19. G

Again to be precise, the processor does not have any impact on the final image. The lens, focusing mechanism, exposure mechanism, sensor, all of the analog circuitry, A/D converters, algorithms (firmware/software) used by the processor to process images, etc. have an impact on image, but the...
  20. G

I disagree completely!! Hook up a Digic 4 to a 5DS and use all of the same algorithms and the A/D converter from the 5DS and you will get the same results as the 5DS with dual Digic 6's. Much slower, but the same results. In fact the original Digic will give the same results, far too slowly...