Search results

1. C

Canon 5D3 sensor overheats in video

I can maybe get 10-15 minutes of video recording before my camera shuts down. I shoot mostly live music and do turn the camera off briefly between songs. I also use a 80D and 70D and have no issues there at all but I can see a quality difference with the 5D3. Are all copies having this problem...
  2. C

New Canon PZ-E1

I see that Canon is finally coming out with a power zoom attachment for their 18-135 EF-S lens. I shoot a fair amount of video with my 70D and would love this feature. I plan to upgrade to the 80D, but am quite sure that only the newest 18-135 will work. To my knowledge, this would be the third...
  3. C

7 inch monitor for 5d3?

I am looking to buy a monitor for my 5D3 for shooting video. Needed for focusing mostly. I am shooting indoor performances and am usually at 200-300mm. I would like to buy a monitor to mount beside or on the camera. $300 max price for me. I see some have focus peaking and false colors. All of...
  4. C

Can Speedlight be used on 70D in Live View?

I visited my son yesterday and we wanted to take some photos. He had a canon Speedlight attached and everything was fine until he decided to use live view to get the camera down lower. The flash would not fire. If we turned Live View off, it worked just fine. This was shooting a couple of young...
  5. C

Community thoughts on Canon 15mm f2.8 fisheye lens

I have been shooting Canon for about 40 years. About three years ago I finally got into digital with the 7D. Less than a year ago I bought the 5D3. Great cameras! I have a nice variety of primes and zooms (all Canon) and it is always nice to have something super-wide. I bought the Rokinon 8mm...
  6. C

600EX-RT sticks and puts out constant light

I have had my 600EX-RT for about a year with no issues. Last night I was using it in a nightclub on very low power for just a touch of flash fill. On three occasions in a period of about five minutes it just stuck on and looked like a bright movie light. It turned off on it's own, but did it...