Search results

1. D

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

No IBIS, no Eye AF, no 1080/120, no native 24-70 lens. Goodbye Canon, hello Sony! I've waited for way too long just for this announcement to decide whether I should make the switch. Canon have definitely made up my mind for me.
  2. D

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

Yes, Sony and Nikon. Honestly, if you're going to be asking for the same amount of money then you'd expect to compete on specs. IBIS in mirrorless ILCs is a given at this point. So, we're stuck with adapters, a 28-70 instead of a 24-70 and no IBIS? Yea, what a great way to enter the market...
  3. D

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

I sold all my Canon lenses except the 24-70 f/2.8 in anticipation of a FF mirrorless with no adapters. I'm not feeling the 28-70, 28 just isn't good enough, and I don't need f/2. Now with the confirmed adapters my last hopes are on IBIS. If it also has no IBIS, combined with those adapters and...
  4. D

Are These The Next Canon Cameras To Be Announced? [CR1]

So these three PLUS lenses PLUS a FF mirrorless? Why am I skeptical...
  5. D

Canon Announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II

That entire video was focused almost exclusively on the f/4 II, and barely showed anything about the new f/2.8 III. Something isn't adding up here. It's like the f/4 II is an actual upgrade, while the f/2.8 III is just a rehash with whiter coating. Edit - a word
  6. D

A Prototype Full Frame Mirrorless From Canon Exists [CR1]

Can someone please explain what is the problem/difficulty in just putting an EF mount on a mirrorless camera? I would really just like a mirrorless camera with an EF mount to accommodate my existing glass. Is this a possibility or are there real issues before such a thing happens, if at all?
  7. D

Canon Asking Select Professionals What They Want in a Mirrorless Camera

This is exactly what I'm most worried about. I've had a 7D for ages, and was looking forward to the 6D2. Needless to say, I took a hard pass on that one. The only reason I haven't jumped ship to Sony yet is that I'm heavily invested in Canon glass, and with all the rumors circulating it just...
  8. D

Upgraded Pro Canon Lenses for Crop Bodies

Exactly this. I had the 17-55mm and while it was an excellent lens, it's not on par with say the 24-70 f/2.8 II and it isn't cheap, either. Would you pay over $1,000 for a top of the line EF-S lens that you then can't use if you ever decide to go FF or would you rather save a bit more and get L...
  9. D

Creative Transitions in Short Films (Holding On)

Hey, nice concept. The pace in the opening sequence I feel could be a bit faster. It's a cool bit where they just get to know each other and it's fun, so no need to drag it out and be overly serious. Leave that for the last part of the film, like you did. The drawings are really, really nice and...
  10. D

This is the Canon EOS Rebel SL2/200D/X9

Re: This is the Canon EOS Rebel SL2/200D/X8 Thanks, I might just have to compromise on the AF front if all else is equal and/or better.
  11. D

This is the Canon EOS Rebel SL2/200D/X9

Re: This is the Canon EOS Rebel SL2/200D/X8 Quick question. I just sold my 7D because I am going to buy the 6D Mark II. However, I'm thinking of getting a backup APS-C. How do you think this will this stack up against the 7D in terms of IQ, ISO noise, AF capabilities? I realize the 7D is very...
  12. D

Updated Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications [CR2]

Wow, at this point I hope it doesn't have video at all just so you 4K freaks would blow a gasket!
  13. D

Updated Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications [CR2]

If no 4K is the only way to "nerf" it and make it come in at the ~$2000 of the original 6D then so be it. Hell, if it had no video at all and no GPS and was even lower in price I'd be over the moon! It's an entry-level FF DSLR. If you want it to be something else, get a 5D4.
  14. D

Canon EOS 6D Mark II to Get New 26mp Sensor [CR3]

This is just guesswork on my part, but I recently sold my 7D and EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 just because of the 6D Mark II. I would never invest in a 5D rig, but I did want to go full-frame. I'm wondering if the 'dent' in 5D series sales is outweighed by people like me who: a) invest a little more in a...
  15. D

Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM Coming April 5, 2017 [CR3]

What if they got it wrong and the M and S are actually switched :o It's an EF-M 35mm f/2.8 S IS STM Now, what does the S stand for? ;D