Search results

1. A

Canon U.S.A. Announces New 120 MP Ultra-High Resolution and 2.7 MP Ultra-High Sensitivity CMOS Sensors

OK. Does the 100MP sensor have Dynamic Range? Any of it? :) I'm no troll, but since I added an A7R III, I now know what we've been missing out on for years. While Canon lenses area amazing, Canon sensors SUCK. They really do. The difference between a Canon and a Sony sensor is literally day and...
  2. A

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV voice tag upgrade service

Isn't this something they could put even into the cheapest camera free of charge through firmware update? Why is this not part of every camera to begin with? Oh wait, is this the killer feature reserved for the 1D line that customers must pay an extra $3,000 for? :)
  3. A

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

If it has the 6D II sensor, we already have the winner for "the worst new camera release of 2019" :) That sensor is 10 years behind the curve at this point.
  4. A

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

Hahahahaha... How about proper 4K first Canon? Well, I added an A7R III to my Canon stable the moment it came out over a year ago. And I'm very impressed. The Sony's dynamic range is everything. I only bring the Sony on my vacations these days. My Canon gear has been staying home a lot. It's a...
  5. A

The TIPA and EISA Award Winners Have Been Announced

The 6D II??? You mean the 10 year old tech that upset me so much I bought a wonderful Sony A7R III???
  6. A

Fake: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and It Shoots 4K

Re: Leaked: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and It Shoots 4K Gottabe fake. Canon cameras will only shoot 4K when everybody else is on 6K or 8K already. Or else Canon has to charge $6K+ for the camera. This simply cannot be :)
  7. A

Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III Camera & Accessory USD Pricing

Wow, $1,300. This thing might even have to shoot 1080p 30fps video to command that price :)
  8. A

Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body $2669 (Reg $3299)

Re: Hot Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body $2669 (Reg $3299) Haha, it actually still is very valid, sadly. I was seriously considering buying the A7R II today. It is cheaper than the 5D IV even at this price. It has better image quality, better DR, better video than the 5D IV, and that WONDERFUL...
  9. A

Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body $2669 (Reg $3299)

Re: Hot Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body $2669 (Reg $3299) If you order before midnight TODAY, you will get $100 in eBay bucks! I've just ordered mine :) Make sure you sign up for the promotion first on the eBay opening page (8% eBay bucks for orders placed through your computer, 10% through...
  10. A

DXO: Canon EOS 6D Mark II Sensor Review: Great Color and ISO Performance

What are you guys talking about "positive review"? What positive review? Are we reading the same thing? DXO shows what people have been talking about: the DR of the 6D2 is WORSE THAN THE FIVE YEAR OLD 6D's, and every single competitors' by Nikon and Sony in the same price range! Cameras released...
  11. A

Review: Canon EOS 6D Mark II by DPReview

A true retro camera at a non-retro price point: 2010 DR, 2010 video, for $2,000 in 2017...
  12. A

More Canon EOS 6D Specifications Talk [CR1]

Just imagine, you shoot a wedding video on a 6D II. Then you get an angry call from your client saying the video only fills 1/4 of the screen :):):):):):) And it can only do 1080p at 60 fps :):):):) A Sony RX100 can do better video than that. For half the price. Pathetic Canon. Pathetic.
  13. A

Updated Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications [CR2]

Not having 4K is outrageous. No, I do not want to take a C300 with me when I go on vacation. Even if i could afford two cameras. I only want to take one! One can do it all. Sonys can. And Sony also has a professional video camera line "to protect". If Canon doesn't give us proper video just to...
  14. A

No 4K is a real issue here. This will be a camera with an AF system that will make shooting video easy. A first for the 6D line. I've never used my 6D for videos as it was manual focus and only 30 frames per second in 1080p. I sued my Sony RX100 II for video instead. If the 6D II has proper live...
  15. A

I'm on Windows, and run two 27" 4K screens via a surface Pro 4. They are so beautiful I almost died when I upgraded from 1080p. My GF promptly bought the same two 27" 4K screens for her setup. Believe me, once you go 4K, you'll never go back to 1080p. You can now buy 4K screens for $300. (I paid...
  16. A

No 4K would be simply unacceptable in H2 2017. This camera will not be replaced until 2021/22. That means, you would be sitting there with this thing in 2021/22 with no 4K video. WTF Canon??? No 4K = no buy. Next stop Sony?
  17. A

More Canon EOS 6D Specifications Talk [CR1]

Hahaha, that would mean we'd have a 6D in 2021(!) that shoots a max of 1080p video. By that time, all of its competition will shoot 6K or 8K. If that is the case, all my Canon glass will be for sale, and replaced with G-Masters. If Canon is two years behind the curve, I can stomack that. If it...
  18. A

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Talk [CR1]

I hear that keeping with the wonderful tradition of the original 6D, it will come with a cutting edge one-point AF system, which will be an industry second! It will also do 4K at 14 fps with a 2.4x crop factor, which will make it particularly suitable for wildlife and voyeuring. I can hardly...
  19. A

Sony Claims Adapted Canon Lenses AF Nearly as Fast as on a Canon DSLR.

MY 5D IV has just been announced :) I will only need to change my flash guns, and radio transmitters, nothing else. Not even that because my YN-E3-RT and Canon 600EX-RTs will work with the A7RII in manual mode. I only need to buy a Sony flashgun for TTL. Go Sony! Canon deserves their costumers...
  20. A

Deal: Canon EOS 6D Body $1199

Agreed on all that. I love mine, too. The price will likely go lower. You can buy a Sony A7 for under USD1000 these days. And that's a better camera in many respects. The 6D is great. But its AF system is complete garbage with the exception of the center focus point, which is great. AF Servo...