Search results

1. S

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Yes, that is a good point. I don't use external flashes that often but I agree, it is a drawback of the M6 ii design. It's likely a deal breaker for those who regularly use flashes.
  2. S

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

So now there's really no reason to not get an M6 ii. I'm not really in the market for a new camera, but if I was the M6 ii (with the added EVF) looks very capable. The lack of 24p would be a good excuse to not get the camera, especially since most previous cameras would do 24p. I think the...
  3. S

Dogs in FLIGHT (DIF)

Lol, awesome thread. Here are some schnauzer in flight pics: [/url]Full Stride Finnegan by Justin Kane, on Flickr[/img] [/url]Mighty Dog by Justin Kane, on Flickr[/img]
  4. S

Bat Falcon (Colombia)

Great shots Glenn. How far away were you and what lens were you using?
  5. S

The Next DSLR from Canon Will Be....

I have a 70D, and never really had any focus issues with the PDAF system through the viewfinder (unless I screwed up, of course). I think the focus system is pretty good for the target market of the camera. The only thing I wish it did better was to track fast moving subjects better (think...
  6. S

How do you get the sparkle in Jewelry?

If you've ever been to a jewelry store you'll notice they have many, many small lights all over the ceiling. I think, in order to get the sparkles in diamonds, the more hard light sources you have the more sparkles you get. Now, I don't know how you could easily translate that into a lighting...
  7. S

EOS 80D to be Announced in February [CR2]

+1. I completely agree with everything you said. They need to have 4K in their cameras from now on since most of their competition has 4K in their newer cameras. I'm trying to think like a Canon product line manager though. If they add 4K to the 80D, the 5D4 better have 4K. I'm not sure if...
  8. S

EOS 80D to be Announced in February [CR2]

That would be really nice. Like others have said, the things I really like with my 70D are AF + touchscreen for video, and pretty solid photo features. The one thing I don't like about the video is moire and aliasing (which they apparently got rid of on the 7D2). If they could get rid of the...
  9. S

Your best images of 2015?

Here are some of mine: Passage by Justin Kane, on Flickr Glider Port Sunset HDR Manual Blend by Justin Kane, on Flickr Anza Borrego Startrails 2 by Justin Kane, on Flickr
  10. S

Canon RAW Codec for Windows 10

When I upgraded to Windows 10, the OS recognized and could decode my 70D RAW files without installing any additional software. On Windows 7 I could only open them in LR, DPP, etc. On Windows 10 they open fine in the default picture viewer.
  11. S

F1 from the cheap seats at Silverstone

Like others have said, that first shot is awesome! Great job.
  12. S

National Park Advice Needed

For the lower canyon I was on the photo tour with a tripod and tried to keep it at ISO 100 and was shooting exposures in about the 0.5-5 second range at f8 usually. I just did a walking tour of the upper canyon so I was shooting handheld there and needed ISO 3200 to 6400 which, on my 70D, I...
  13. S

So I went in May this year and we had a guide for our lower photo tour. There were 4 photographers in my group and they kept us basically in the same area at each place we stopped. So we all had to be kind of quick and "share" the space. With tripods, especially, often only one of us could...
  14. S

For the lower canyon photo tour they do still have a guide go with you. When I went the guide did a good job helping to control traffic so we could get the shots we wanted. I did the 10:30 AM tour but, FWIW, I asked her when she thought the light was the best in the lower canyon and she said...
  15. S

There's a Flickr group I found for Antelope Canyon that I thought you should take a look through. It might give you some ideas for what sorts of shots you want to take. https://www.flickr.com/groups/antelopecanyon/pool/ Also, don't be afraid to get the floor of the canyon in your shots. I...
  16. S

Interesting article on the different times of day. I kind of like some of the afternoon shots he has. There is room for an RV in the parking lot as long as it isn't full. In the morning you won't have any problems, but you may later in the day. It probably also depends on the day of the...
  17. S

I was in Page in May this year and went to Horseshoe Bend early in the morning one day (though just after sunrise) and thought the lighting was terrible. Once the sun comes up and directly hits the top of the canyon it isn't really worth it to take any photos. The top will be in bright sun and...
  18. S

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Super Hornets by Justin Kane, on Flickr CO and XO Jet by Justin Kane, on Flickr Pulling Up by Justin Kane, on Flickr
  19. S

Thanks Click! Here are a few more: Getting Ready to Rappelle by Justin Kane, on Flickr Gear Down, Hook Down by Justin Kane, on Flickr Hornet Landing by Justin Kane, on Flickr
  20. S

Super Sonic F-18 doing a fly-by of the USS Abraham Lincoln during a Tiger Cruise in 2011 (you can see the shock wave where the sky meets the water): Super Sonic Vigilante by Justin Kane, on Flickr