Search results

1. G

Patent: Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS 1.4x plus other supertelephoto optical designs

Yes, but what will the weight be? I have the EF 200-400 f/4 Canon with built-in 1.4x. It has amazing quality, but it is a beast at 8 lb!
  2. G

The Canon EOS R5 scores Canon’s best sensor score at DxO

Photons to photos shows the R5 leading the pack. This is my go-to site for comparing sensors because they have the results as soon as the cameras are out, whereas DXO takes forever. Their shadow improvement charts are also helpful and revealing.
  3. G

Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

I need to find a camera brand that realizes that many of its users are on a Mac platform.
  4. G

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

From the news release: "The ninth and tenth lenses in the RF family are both powerful tools for photographers using the EOS R or EOS RP cameras, in particular, those shooting sports or wildlife photography with the RF 70-200mm F2.8L or portrait photography with the RF 85mm F1.2L USM DS." Sure...
  5. G

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

And, like the 5DS and 5DSR, it will be hamstrung by a dismal fps rate, for anything other than studio or landscape photography. When is Canon going to give us a full-frame, higher-megapixel camera that can shoot 10 fps (with AE & AF) like the Nikon 850 (9 fps with battery grip), the Sony A7R III...
  6. G

Review: Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM

I own the Canon 600mm f/4L II and marvel at it. I really like some of the improvements to this lens with version III—the biggest being the considerable drop in weight. However, I find the loss of image sharpness compared to my version II 600mm a deal-breaker. It looks like more than a "slight"...
  7. G

Canon registers a 32.5mp APS-C DSLR in Taiwan

And if they are true to form, they will cripple it with a low fps rate.
  8. G

Canon Financials for Q3 2018. Sales down, outlook good.

I was one of the Canon photographers who said I wasn't going to buy anything until I saw what Canon's plans were for FF mirrorless. Apparently, I wasn't alone with this thought. While the R series looks promising, I'm still not going to buy any Canon products until I see what pro options (bodies...
  9. G

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

I was so excited about this camera until I got to 5 FPS with AF/AE and the small buffer. You have got to be kidding! The Sony A7 III shoots 10 FPS with AF/AE. So does the A7R III. What is Canon thinking? You might as well put a warning label on the camera that says: "Caution: Do not use for...
  10. G

Three Sensors Being Tested for Canon Full Frame Mirrorless? [CR1]

If your information is true, why does Canon always have to start out behind the competition out of the gate? Sony has a wonderful 42 MP mirrorless sensor. Nikon has 46 MP sensor that will probably end up in at least one version of its mirrorless camera. Worse yet, if Canon starts out behind the...
  11. G

Nikon Confirms New Mirrorless System Coming in Early 2019, What About Canon?

I was going to buy a couple of the more expensive "L" EF lenses this next month, but until the uncertainty around this issue is cleared up, I'm not buying anything. I have no expectations what will be announced or when, but until I can get undisputed information on Canon's mirrorless offerings...
  12. G

Canon EOS 5DS Replacements Coming Next Year [CR2]

I don't care what name Canon gives this new camera or develops a new line. I don't care whether it is mirrorless or a traditional DSLR. I don't care about more megapixels than the present 5DS R—50mp is already great! I don't want to wait until 2019. What I want is a higher resolution (50mp)...
  13. G

The State of the Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Development

I am not sure what Canon would gain by going to anything other than an EF mount for a full-frame mirrorless camera. Canon currently offers 28 "L" lenses in the EF line; Sony currently has 6 lenses in G-Master line. Yes, because of the flange-to-sensor distance with the Canon EF line (44mm), a...
  14. G

DxO announces PhotoLab and Nik acquisition

This is great news and "Thank You" DXO!
  15. G

Canon's Next EOS 5DS Won't See a Big Resolution Bump

Thank you - A, I appreciate your response. 1) Your right! It hasn't been a first choice for wildlifers, but the problem is Canon doesn't have a high MP option for wildlife photographers and Nikon has had this for years with two superb options: First the 36-MP D810 and now the 45-MP D850 with up...
  16. G

Canon's Next EOS 5DS Won't See a Big Resolution Bump

I realize everybody has different wants and needs out of a camera like this, but for my purposes—wildlife and landscape— I wouldn't care if the resolution stayed the same. I just want competitive DR, top-notch AF and double the FPS out of a new higher-megapixel camera. Give us something that can...
  17. G

Sony a9 Mirrorless Camera Now Available for Preorder

This seems like a really strange comment on Canon Rumors. I can only assume it is here purely for economic gain. I know "lots" of Canon photographers and I know only one that has a Sony full frame mirrorless camera in "their kit." Is this based on some survey or other factual information you...
  18. G

Where is the Canon EOS 6D Mark II?

I surmise you are right about Canon taking their time with 5DSR II and 7D III. However, I have both the 5D IV and the 5DSR, and I find myself now reaching for the 5D IV a lot more than the 5DSR. Yes, I would like to have 20 more MP for my image, but that new on-chip ADC sensor in the 5D IV is...
  19. G

Where is the Canon EOS 6D Mark II?

This is certainly a relevant topic, but what I really want to additionally know is where is an update of the 5DSR and the 7D Mark II? I know Canon typically takes its own sweet time with updates, but they should be releasing the updates to the 7D II and 5DSR utilizing the new sensor technology ASAP.
  20. G

Update to EOS 5DS & 5DS R Coming in 2017? [CR1]

Re: Update to EOS 5DS & 5DS R Coming in 2017? [CR1] I hope this is true. With the new sensor technology that many have been waiting for patiently, Canon should be moving up their typical refresh timetable on all their major camera bodies. That includes a new 6D II, a 7D III as well as a 5DS R...