Search results

1. M

EOS R Firmware Update Wish List

I'm sure we all have a (realistic) 'wish list' of features that could be added to the EOS R via firmware.... what are your wishes? 1) 4K DCI video (to reduce that crop factor a tiny bit) - to be on par with what the 5D Mark IV has. 2) Both photo and video overexposure warnings (blinking zebra)...
  2. M

Opinion about decentred lens element

I just bought a 40mm F2.8 STM pancake lens, and it seems to have a decentred lens element. You can take a look at a random test image I took here: https://i.imgur.com/UVbTG7M.jpg The image was taken at F5.6. As you can see, the left side and middle look like they are in focus (from the closest...
  3. M

Time for an upgrade/change (1D mark II to 60D?)

I'm looking to upgrade, this is what I have: 1) Canon 1D mark II (8 megapixel 1.3x crop sensor from 2004) 2) Canon 50mm F1.4 USM lens 3) Tamron 28-75 F2.8 (which has a decentered lens element or something else causing blurry images in the left one fifth of the frame). A local camera reseller...
  4. M

ISO 50 and Dynamic Range

It seems that the ISO 50 setting on Canon cameras seems to give mixed results depending on the camera. Hopefully others can get similar positive results with their cameras as I have gained. With some cameras there is INCREASED dynamic range compared to ISO 100. Some cameras have exactly the...
  5. M

Old [larger sensor] cameras a cheap alternative to 80D?

Hi there! I will probably be trading in my 20D and getting a 1D Mark II for a small upgrade fee. Combing through the data on (yes, I'll say the D word) DXOmark I find the following chart very interesting: A comparison between the 1D mark II, 5D classic, and the 80D...
  6. M

Speculate on 5Ds/5DsR dxomark sharpness score 'effective megapixels'

So will this new sensor actually be able to resolve close to 50 megapixels of detail? Let's take a look at all of the tested Canon and Nikon sensors to date - megapixels vs 'sharpness score' on the best lens available for Canon & Nikon cameras: Carl Zeiss Otus 85mm Camera name : sensor...