Search results

1. C

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Long time since I have posted so don't know if this will post or not. Eagle getting ready to grab a fish from the water.
  2. C

Beautiful sunsets

Took this picture in Mexico. After looking at it for awhile I was drawn to the simplicity of it. Don't know what you all think but sometimes simple uncluttered pictures work best for me.
  3. C

Show your Bird Portraits

An eagle landed on the ice right next to shore and, surprisingly, I could get to about 20 feet away by moving SOOO slowly.
  4. C

Caught this picture of an eagle flying by an American flag.
  5. C

Show your Bird Portraits

Caught this bald eagle dropping a piece of the fish he was eating in a tree.
  6. C

My First Wedding (highlights)

To me, those are outstanding photos. Just curious. How many pictures did you take? How many keepers. Some out of focus possibly? I don't have the guts to do a wedding shoot. Just curious on what percentage of good shots does one get in a wedding shoot. We obviously see the good ones. Not trying...
  7. C

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Photos from Quad City Airshow May 8th. Featuring the Blue Angels
  8. C

This eagle was flying at the water line when the tip of his wing just grazed the water.
  9. C

Black & White

Took these down in Atlanta while visiting my daughter. It was in a neat little neighborhood (I can't remember the name). Anyway, I noticed that on the HGTV show, Property Brothers, the intro has them walking thru this area. Apparently, it gets used a lot for photo sessions. Anybody from Atlanta...
  10. C

Your best street shots of any kind.

Saw this in Mexico. The runner appeared to have dog carrying his water
  11. C

Flower macros

Wet flower
  12. C

Show your Bird Portraits

I have a couple pictures here. One is of two owlets in their nest. Don't know how old the owlets are. The other is a bald eagle up in a tree. Both were taken with Canon 7D Mark 2 and Tamron 150-600.
  13. C

Concert Shots

These pictures were taken at a winery in Temeculah CA a few years back. A little background...The jazz group Fourplay was getting ready to go on tour to support an CD release. They performed at this winery for maybe 150-200 people. I was able to walk right up to the stage and take pictures and...
  14. C

Father- daughter dance

I took this picture of my niece dancing with her father at her wedding. I think it shows a lot of emotion in her face. Maybe some other pictures of first dances; bride-groom, Mother-son, etc?
  15. C

Black & White

This picture is of a chain on a barge as it went through the lock and dam system on the Mississippi. Unfortunately there is nothing to give it scale but each link was about 3 feet long.
  16. C

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Here is a picture I would like some feedback on. My wife thinks this picture of our 2 week old grandaughter and her mom should be lighter to show our daughter-in-law better. I like it darker like this. My thoughts are viewers would probably assume it is her mother holding her. I think her almost...
  17. C

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

I don't think my first attempt at this was posted so will try again. Don't know if a photo can qualify as a portrait without any faces showing but it is candid and on the street. My granddaughter and my wife were walking and talking and I stopped to take this picture. I have always thought of it...
  18. C

Concert Shots

Actually, I have taken a camera into many concerts; with the venues blessing. For Fleetwood Mac, I called the venue and asked if cameras were allowed. They told me as long as it wasn't a "professional" camera; which they classified as anything with a removable lens, i.e. A D-slr. I walked in...
  19. C

Concert Shots

Got this picture at Fleetwood Mac concert in Indianapolis last October. They let me take in my Canon SX 50 and we had seats in the 5th. Row. Stevie Nicks turned towards Lindsey Buckingham and, with her hat and all, I got an iconic photo of her.
  20. C

I took this early morning. Didn't realize until I got home that I caught the water reflection and the shadow on shore