Search results

1. @!ex

Leica Lens M-50 mm. F/0.95 NOCTITUS M ASPH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EF-50mm-f-1-0L-f-1-0-L-f-1LLens-Made-in-Japan-Nr-MINT-/181148016924?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2a2d43611c
  2. @!ex

Leica Lens M-50 mm. F/0.95 NOCTITUS M ASPH

If you want something exotic and faster than the canon 50mm 1.2, then look on ebay and find the canon 50mm 1.0L....
  3. @!ex

Waterscapes

A couple of mine... Through the Cracks… by @!ex, on Flickr Marvelous Multnomah by @!ex, on Flickr
  4. @!ex

Post your HDR images:

A couple new ones... Pit Stop by @!ex, on Flickr End of the Line, by @!ex, on Flickr Abandoned in Plain Sight by @!ex, on Flickr In the Light by @!ex, on Flickr Winding Sunset by @!ex, on Flickr
  5. @!ex

Neutral Density Filters

Not sure if the 16-35 has a rear filter holder, but I use the 14mmL mkii and a piece of 13 stop kodak wratten gel. It is great because I have no heavy filters or plates to carry around so I am always ready to shoot long exposure and it is a lot cheaper too, and some say the kodak wratten gels...
  6. @!ex

Normal RAW vs Dual ISO Raw Example Video

If anyone is interested in the technical details Alex (the main guy responsible for magic lantern) has linked a pdf describing the background on this method in the magic lantern forum. If you scroll through the cmments you can also find the compiled build of ML with this feature...
  7. @!ex

How (and why) does sensor size change DOF?

picture is worth a thousand words
  8. @!ex

My photos look so dull

I went ahead and gave it a quick (less then 5 min) boost in post. I usually start with levels, then curves, then any type of hue adjustment (you had a bit of a green cast), then lens effects (vignette, distortion), noise (none in this one), then doge and burn to my liking and sometimes a bit of...
  9. @!ex

Canon Dual Pixel Liveview Autofocus

Here is another video showing what the focus pulls look like when you use the touchscreen to focus while you are shooting in live view. It actually looks pretty nice. They also have some examples of auto focus ect. if you watch after the credits in the middle of the video they replay the...
  10. @!ex

Is the unmodified Canon 5D3 any good for infrared photography with R72 filter ?

Bump +1, love to see more examples. I may buy an old 5d mkii and modify, but still interested in what an unmodified mk3 can do.
  11. @!ex

Post your HDR images:

To be honest I don't think this particular image is really benefitting from HDR, in fact I would argue that it is hurting the image. There isn't a very high dynamic range in this composition, in fact I'm sure you could have probably gotten all the highlight and lowlight values in this shot...
  12. @!ex

Need help with 5DMKIII focus issues with 50 1.2L

Bump. I am curious to find out what everyone thinks. I definitely have much worse focus on the outer focus points on my 5d3 with the 50 1.2. I've even sent the lens into can once, with little effect.
  13. @!ex

My photos look so dull

Speaking of joking... (look closely, you will recognize the face..)
  14. @!ex

My photos look so dull

+1, wtf happened. Looks like a creepy mannequin now. I had to do a double take because I thought it was a joke at first...
  15. @!ex

My photos look so dull

it was just a 2 minute edit. I think I did go a bit overboard on the eyes and maybe a little to much skin smoothing, but I wasn't really going for perfection (or maybe going for too much perfection...). Thanks for the compliment though.
  16. @!ex

Post your HDR images:

My desktop wall paper. 7 shot bracket, 2 ev spacing. Abandoned mining town in the Rocky Mountains.
  17. @!ex

Post your HDR images:

not sure why you would hold shutter constant and only vary ISO (lots of noise). I often use a combination though so I can do the bracket handheld without blurring on the longer exposure shots. Just use aperture priority and auto ISO, but limit iso to 800 or so.
  18. @!ex

5D Mark III with Continuous RAW Video Recording

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but I had to share. Check out the difference in dynamic range from the 5D mk3 with canon firmware output (i-frame): Canon 5D Mark III i-frame video test Now here is the same scene shot with magic lantern firmware using the new 14 bit RAW output. He is...
  19. @!ex

Post your HDR images:

A photo of a waterfall I did a year or so ago. It's NOT supposed to be: Blown out (the highlights at the top are just foggy mist, so there was no more detail than what I show) over exposed over saturated crunchy blurry ect. (to each his own I suppose)
  20. @!ex

My surroundings at night.

Nice shots, love the aperture stars. A recent one of mine where I was trying to have the snow itself as the main subject of the composition by playing with depth of field and focus point. Handheld @ f1.2