Search results

1. L

RF 24-70 f2.8L IS

The RF 24-70 f2.8 has been in stores for a while now, but finding serious user experiences about it, comparing its IQ to the EF 24-70 f2.8 L II, is about as hard as finding an ice cream store on the north pole. Yes, some reviews illustrates better sharpness and clarity, but I haven’t been able...
  2. L

The RF 70-200 f2.8 L IS

I am excited to report that I have received my RF 70-200 f2.8 L IS today. I love the size and weight of it. The EOS R and the RF 70-200 is shorter than the 5DIV with the 200 f2.8 LII attached. It balances nicely even without the battery grip. The IS seems to be outstanding. The build appears...
  3. L

RF 24-70 f2.8 L IS vs EF 24-70 f2.8 LII - both on EOS R

The digital pictures have released comparison images of the new RF 24-70 and the EF 24-70 f2.8 L II, both on the EOS R. The new lens seems to be a better performer at all focal lengths...
  4. L

Canon RF 85 f1.2 L first impressions

I got the RF 85 f1.2 L two days ago, and have been trying it out on the streets. I have compared it to the EF 85LII and the EF 85 f1.8. I don't post any comparison pictures here, but long story short, it is much better in every measurable way other than size and weight. 1. It is huge! It...
  5. L

EVF vs OVF

Today I had a photo walk bringing a 6D fitted with a EG-S matte screen and a 35mm Carl Zeiss Milvus f2 lens, together with a 5DIV with the 35LII and the EOS R with the RF 35mm f1.8. I would like to share some insights I got when using and comparing them today. Note that we had a low sun today...
  6. L

The EF-M 32mm f 1.4 stm first impressions

I received my pre-ordered EF-M 32mm f1.4 stm yesterday. I am very satisfied with what I have seen so far. Please note that I have not done any controlled testing at all. No tripod, and no comparisons with other lenses. Sharpness, contrast and clarity compares to L-series lenses! Actually, and...
  7. L

Matte screen. EC-S or EG-S?

Recently I got a good deal and bought a set of used Zeiss primes (classic 21/2.8, 28/2, 50/2, 100/2 and 135/2). Manual focusing these lenses with my Canon 1DXII and 5DIV is doable, but is a hassle. The 1DXII is quite a bit better than the 5DIV, because of its larger viewfinder. A week ago I...
  8. L

Help to understand Canon 1DXII viewfinder information

Just now, I saw something I haven't seen before. I was taking a picture with my 1DXII, and for some reason, the letter "E" was appearing next to the shutter speed inside the viewfinder, like this "E30" - when shooting at 1/30 of a second. I shot in AV mode. I turned it into manual mode, and...
  9. L

Canon EF 11-24mm f4L vs Canon EF 16-35 f2.8 L III

I really do like shooting wide angle, and I am very satisfied with my Canon 16-35 f2.8 L III. It is absolutely amazingly sharp, even when pixel peeping on pictures taken with my 5Ds. I do a lot of hiking in the Norwegian mountains, and this summer I occasionally found myself wishing that my...
  10. L

Advice on finding a shoulder bag that fits a Canon 1DX and a 24-70 f2.8 attached

I am looking for the smallest shoulder bag possible, that fits a Canon 1DX with a 24-70 f2.8 lens attached. Of course, it cant be so small that it becomes problematic to got the camera in or out of the bag.. (I do not need room for another lens or flash, just the camera and lens attached.) I've...
  11. L

Tips for back button set up

I came across this video on YouTube yesterday, about setting up customizable buttons on the 5DIV. I don't think he gives the best advice on the actual set up, but he shows possibilities I was unaware of - that you can make detail customization to the chosen AF mode. It works the same way in the...
  12. L

Should I buy a used 1DX?

Currently, I have the 5Ds and 7DII. After I got the 5Ds, the reason for having an APS-C camera for reach is gone. All the lenses I have are for full frame, and I really do prefer using my lenses at their intended effective focal lenght. Although I am very happy with my 7DII, and I dont have an...
  13. L

DPreview Canonized

So, I got banned for five days, for expressing my view on DPrev/Rishi´s reviews. I think it was a hard punishment for a message that wash´t too harsh, I think, but I admit that it wasn't a constructive statement, and I find that the one I made, does not belong in Canon Rumors. I owe Rishi an...