Search results

1. R

Well, Here's Another Mirrorless Option for Your Canon Glass

Will make shooting handheld a breeze.
  2. R

Sigma 500mm f4 on 5D mark 4

No experience, only an opinion. Spending that kind of money, I would rather spend it on a used version 1 Canon 500mm over the Sigma. Or better yet, save a little more and buy a used/ new version 2. I think a lot of people e exaggerate the issues with Sigma lenses personally, but this isn't an...
  3. R

Nikon Confirms New Mirrorless System Coming in Early 2019, What About Canon?

I know how sensitive some people are, my shoulder is here for you.
  4. R

Feel free to quote me if you are actually referring to me. I'm both a Canon and Nikon user. The mojority of what I shoot is birds in flight, and sports so I'm not actually looking for a mirrorless at the moment. But thanks for your participation in the thread.
  5. R

Oh please. I bolded a section of my post which you seem to have missed. Regardless of what you think, no matter how big or small the market is for FF mirrorless, there are Canon users who are eagerly waiting. I'm not making it sound like anything, and I never said any of things you mentioned in...
  6. R

I feel bad for anyone using Canon or Nikon, who want a FF mirrorless. This is proving to take a while.
  7. R

Sony users need to upgrade to a7iv, a9ii, and a7Riv

You are late to the party. This was covered by people at the actual Sony event. I find it surprising you were unaware.
  8. R

Here are Some Interesting Lens Mentions We've Received [CR1]

Can you aim for a 25mm with the +/- 1.4x. That sounds pretty good to me.Thanks in advance!
  9. R

I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

Couldn't agree more. Between the "canon is doomed" and "Sony kicks canons ass" comments, and all the same snarky canon user comments in defence, it all gets a little boring to read day after day, page after page. At least with this, I feel like I'm a reading a conspiracy theory short story...
  10. R

Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras [C

Re: Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera The only item on this list I believe could be true is that it shooots 10fps
  11. R

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Beautiful image, Jack.
  12. R

Article: The 5 Reasons Why I Switched Back to Canon From Sony

The D850 touch menu is perfect to me, No issues. Everything works as expected. I was out yesterday photographing a barn owl, and the majority of people had Nikon. When I left, there was about 10 people. 1 Canon, 1 a7rIII ( who I actually thought may of been you) and the rest Nikon. When I go...
  13. R

Is there a better way to switch between BR strap and tripod?

You can use the round clip, rather then a screw in piece. With that, you could get a Arca Swiss plate like this. I've seen them on amazon and ebay.
  14. R

Sony announces a7 iii

Have you tried YouTube? There are endless videos about it.
  15. R

Canon 100-400 L II vs Sony 100-400 GM OSS

Re: Canon 100-400 L II vs Sony 100-400 GM OSS - first thoughts (ergonomics) Is this only when you have the exposure simulation on ( the "what you see is what you get" , I'm not sure what it's actually called.) If you have that off, the lens focuses wide open and stops down for exposure like...
  16. R

Canon 100-400 L II vs Sony 100-400 GM OSS

Re: Canon 100-400 L II vs Sony 100-400 GM OSS - first thoughts (ergonomics) I'm heading to Reifel tomorrow, the weather says it should cooperate. ;)
  17. R

Sigma Art Lenses Coming to Sony E-Mount->DSLR lens to MILC w/o adapter possible?

The sigma art lenses are big enough on the dslr's. Adding and inch in length to already big lenses for a smaller camera is not something I'm interested in. I would have loved to see a line up of f2 lenses for the FE mount.
  18. R

Article: Canon's 4000D and the Race to the Bottom

My first camera was a T3. I bought it because it was the cheapest dslr I could buy before I went on a trip. 1000's and 1000's of dollars later here I am. Looks like Canon did something right.
  19. R

Article: Canon's 4000D and the Race to the Bottom

The whole article was a joke. And if what I hear is true and that all the parts on this camera are recycled (I haven't looked into it much since I'm not in the market for something like this) then I would like to assume this camera did not cost Canon very much to create. If so, I would also...
  20. R

Show your Bird Portraits

Use a smaller tripod, with a gimbal, tied/strapped/bungied down Ofcourse. Or you can shoot handheld, but I find it's way safer to always shoot to the front of the kayak. Shooting sideways is very unstable. I'm far from an experienced kayaker though.