Search results

1. addola

Three new stacked sensor cameras coming from Canon [CR2]

Canon have used stacked sensors in their PowerShot cameras, but I believe these were made by Sony (IIRC). I think many people wish the 3rd stacked sensor would be for an APS-C camera, but I think it could as well be 1-inch sensor for a PowerShot
  2. addola

The Canon EOS R1 may not come until 2024

I think the R1 would be delayed because Canon is developing a new higher resolution (+45 MP) stacked BSI sensor because they need it to compete with Nikon and Sony cameras, and they're not going to reuse existing sensors for it.
  3. addola

Canon EOS R6 Mark II already in prototype testing [CR1]

Canon re-used the high-end Canon 1D X Mark III sensor in the Canon R6, so I wouldn't be amazed if they reused the R3's sensor in the R6's successor. I would expect Canon R6 successor to come sooner than usual. Canon will probably use the upgraded "accessory shoe" that was introduced in the R3...
  4. addola

Is a Canon EOS R100 coming next year? A budget EOS R APS-C camera [CR1]

When Canon introduced the EOS M line (2012?), they did not have "future expansion into full-frame" in mind. It was around the same time the Sony E-mount came out, however, the Sony A7 was announced a year later as a FF mirrorless camera. The two mounts are similar, they have the same 18mm flange...
  5. addola

What’s next from Canon?

I want a Canon full-frame camera with the new AF features that comes with the DIGIC X cameras, and has about 30 MP sensor (24 MP minimum) with simar IQ to R6 or R5, and has the updated multi-accessories hot shoe (because I am tired of wires). Price it at about $2500
  6. addola

The Canon EOS “R7” has been pushed to Q4 of 2022

The 7D Mark II was 10 fps, and the current R6 does 14 fps mechanical (20 electronic). If the R7 is about speed, it would have to out-do the 20 electronic. Could it be an APS-C camera that does 30 fps electronic like the R3? I think Canon would not reuse an existing sensor for this one because...
  7. addola

Canon USA teases the Canon EOS R5c announcement

I was wondering why we haven't see photos of this leaked by Nokishita, then I did a Twitter search and found out that the account @nokishita_c has been deleted :oops:
  8. addola

A BSI APS-C EOS R camera is coming in the second half of 2022 [CR2]

If the rumor is true, that means Canon-made BSI sensors could make their way to cheaper FF cameras, like the successors to the R5 & R6.
  9. addola

Is the EOS R3 too rich for your blood? Refurbished Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 bodies are in stock

I don't need to upgrade cameras now. I'll wait for the successors of the R5/R6/R, which would hopefully have more bells & whistle (and hopefully, I would have the cash to spend)
  10. addola

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

If it's $5999, what would the price of the rumored R1 be? The Sony A1 costs $500 more ($6500) but comes with a 50 MP stacked & back-illuminated sensor.
  11. addola

A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

An RF camera with a Sony sensor is guaranteed to piss off the fan boys.
  12. addola

Canon’s accessory shoe coming to the EOS R5c and could be an upgrade option for the EOS R5

It's good that Canon will introduce the new "Accessory Shoe" to newer cameras. I really hope to see it make its way to the successors of the EOS R, R6 and R5. I doubt that they can simply retrofit the existing R5 with it, though, as it seems that the camera's internals would need to be redesign...
  13. addola

Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

That’s exactly what I wanted to say because this surprised me. Many smart people claimed that the HDMI standard used on the R5 couldn’t support an 8K video signal.
  14. addola

The specifications for the upcoming Nikon Z 9 leak out ahead of the official announcement

Do you think the Canon R1 would feature an 8K capable sensor, i.e. +45 MP, to compete with the Nikon Z9 and that "toy camera" from Sony?
  15. addola

Multiple mentions put the Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution “around 24mp”

24 MP is 6000x4000 pixels. Around 24MP could be 6000 and something x 4000 and something pixel The 30 MP on the EOS R is 6720 × 4480, which can be interpreted as being "around 24 MP"
  16. addola

Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution to be 45mp?

Given that the Nikon Z9 & Sony A1 both have +45 MP sensor & 8K video, we should expect that Canon will match that in either the R3, or a future R1. I don't think the R5 is on the same level as the Z9 & A1
  17. addola

New Canon EOS R5 firmware may come sooner than previously announced

Does the HDMI out of the Canon R5 support 8K out? I thought it uses HDMI 2.0 which supports up to 4K/60 out.
  18. addola

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

At $799, I would be tempted. I wouldn't ask for too much in terms of image quality, but I do hope that they don't re-use the RP's sensor (which was on the 6D Mark II). Giving it the R6's sensor (which is the same as 1D-X Mark III) or the EOS R (which is the same as 5D Mark IV) would be great and...
  19. addola

Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

No, it's not write speed. It was intentionally removed. There's absolutely no technical reason why the R6 can't have ALL-I at least in 1080p when the older 6D had it. As a matter of fact, Canon removed ALL-I from the 6D Mark II, so it wasn't the first time Canon removed ALL-I
  20. addola

Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

You are completely wrong. Page 912 of Canon R5 Advanced User Manual states that the R5 can record ALL-I to SD cards in all modes except 4K/60, 4K/120 & 8K.